Join our Global Markets Trading Internal Audit team in Sydney where you will gain exposure to one of our most dynamic and varied operating groups, Commodities and Global Markets. This role is based in Sydney, Australia, the successful candidate may be required to relocate.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
As an Internal Audit Senior Manager, you will develop an understanding of the relevant business divisions and establish effective relationships with senior management. Working closely with the broader Risk Management team and executives from across Macquarie, you will lead and assist with assessments on the quality and effectiveness of internal controls and contribute to the continual improvement of the Group’s risk management framework. You will also develop and coach the Internal Audit team in the skills required to deliver audit functions to a high standard.
What you offer
- Extensive experience in financial services internal or external audit or risk management with deep knowledge of control standards and key regulations
- Passion for relationship management
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience in managing teams
- Recognised auditing, accounting or related professional certifications will be beneficial
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
About the Risk Management Group
In our Risk Management Group, you will be part of an independent, and centralised function, responsible for independent and objective review and challenge, oversight, monitoring and reporting in relation to Macquarie’s material risks. Our divisions include behavioural risk, compliance, credit, financial crime risk, internal audit, market risk, operational risk and governance, prudential risk, and Risk Management Group central.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a role regardless of their identity, including gender, race, ethnicity, cultural identity, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, marital or family status, neurodiversity, religion or belief, disabilities, or socio-economic background.
If you require adjustments to your working arrangements or the recruitment process, please let us know when applying.