Are you a talented Software Engineer looking for your next challenge? We are not a regular bank, we’re a hyper-scale Neobank with millions of customers. We think like a start-up, with the benefit of having the support of a large, established brand.
As a Digital Bank, software engineering is at the core of what we do. Our engineers operate in an autonomous environment where they are empowered to “do it right” and continuously learn, becoming masters in their craft. If you would like to know more, read our Engineering Blog, where our engineers openly share their experiences.
Macquarie Bank provides personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle and equipment leasing products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and other businesses across Australia. That includes online and mobile banking, mortgages, bank accounts, credit/debit cards, online share trading, investment management and car leasing, to name just a few.
You'll be a part of a team that has developed award winning platform and app. The role will see you splitting your time 75% focused on hands on development, 25% solutions design and architecting. We work in a Scaled Agile environment and work in tandem with a wide array of cross functional teams and tribes and you will be involved in the end to end development with a focus on holistic application design and development.
- Delivering native Android applications using Kotlin & Java
- Writing unit tests and UI tests for testing automation
- Working with designers BAs and other engineers that turns business requirements and designs into working apps
- Maintaining and improving the CI / CD pipelines
- Participating in defect & incident triage when needed.
What’s in it for you:
- Learn from the best engineers in Australia and work on market leading products
- Be part of a team that deeply values diversity and creates space for you to be your best
- Use the latest cloud technologies to tackle interesting banking and finance problems
- Our work environment is modern and inclusive with a strong focus on employee experience
- Flexible work options, including working from home
- Ongoing professional development and free technical certification
- Highly competitive remuneration and bonuses.
Experience in using a reactive framework such as RxJava and using Bamboo for continuous integration will be highly regarded. Experience working across enterprise applications and working in eliciting requirements, working with design teams will also be held in high regard.
If this role sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, please apply.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.