Are you passionate about the renewable energy sector and looking to leverage your expertise? If so, this is the right opportunity for you.
Our Green Investment Group is developing a portfolio of offshore wind projects in South Korea and looking for a Wind Turbine Package Manager to join their team to assist in project development, procurement and construction activities for these projects. Offshore wind will be a key component in Korea’s future energy mix and our Green Investment Group has a substantial and longstanding commitment to the renewable energy and clean technology sectors.
Based in Seoul and reporting to the Development Director, you will work together with our partners, advisors and team members to manage engineering and commercial aspects related to the Wind Turbine package on Green Investment Group projects, including:
- Support the Project Manager in delivering the projects.
- Interface seamlessly with the other Package Managers to ensure that the overall development is successfully designed, procured and delivered.
- Overall responsibility for project design, specification and management of the relevant package during the planning and development phase of the project.
- Responsible for coordinating with all supporting functions including Contracts, Finance, Permits, etc. and ensuring internal requirements are aligned within the package.
- Provide technical and commercial input to the procurement strategy for the relevant package to identify, tender and select advisors, equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for the project.
- Ensure all technical and commercial requirements related to the package are scoped within the tender materials, lead package negotiations and coordinate with the negotiations team.
- Provide recommendations on technical and commercial requirements, including scope and interfaces, and ensure interface alignment with other package mangers
- Manage and review design development for the package in the lead up to construction and in support of achieving all required permits and approvals.
- Responsible for providing relevant technical and commercial input to tender documentation; assessment & evaluation of proposals; commercial, technical & contractual negotiations; and final contract award.
- Review and analyse supply, installation, construction and O&M pricing and input to the project financial model.
- Establish and manage health and safety standards to offshore wind industry best practice and oversee effective implementation of health & safety plans on the package.
- Establish and manage environmental standards to meet the environmental impact assessment and permitting requirements and achieve offshore wind industry best practice.
- Identify, develop and manage support services that may be required during development phase.
- Deliver suitable weekly and monthly reporting, prepare materials and participate in internal reporting and approvals process.
- Develop meeting schedules and identify participants required on a forward-looking basis, to ensure timely decision making and problem solving.
- Overall project management during construction and forward planning of O&M Contractor activities for the relevant package.
- Programme management of the relevant Suppliers, Construction and O&M Contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
- Conduct engineering reviews for the relevant package and provide timely feedback on issues and resolutions.
- Oversee the relevant package contractor(s) during construction to ensure witness and inspection points are attended and relevant quality plans are implemented and accurately reported.
- Lead contract administration matters relevant to the package.
- Manage time effectively between Office and Site to ensure that construction is being delivered “on time”, “on budget”, “safely” and “to quality”.
- Establish meeting schedules with relevant contractors, service providers and internal teams to oversee and control overall project delivery on a forward-looking basis to ensure timely decision making and problem solving.
- Establish suitable weekly and monthly reporting and Daily Project Reporting (DPRs) during site works.
- Oversee and manage implementation of the health and safety plan in the package to ensure standards are being met and accurately reported on.
- Oversee and manage implementation of the environmental plan to ensure compliance with environmental impact assessment permits and requirements, including all reporting obligations.
- Oversee and manage relevant handover procedures for the package, ensuring seamless integration between stages and mitigating interface issues between contractors.
- Oversee and provide relevant input during the commissioning process.
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving issues as they arise.
- Engage with the Operations team and the operations and maintenance contractors and service providers to ensure seamless handover to O&M and minimise interface issues.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience with an OEM, energy developer, utility, engineering consultancy, contractor or related technical Package Manager roles for offshore wind projects.
- Project management skills along with proven commercial skills in negotiating contracts and involvement in successful negotiations relating to contract variations.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, and the ability to engage at all levels. Korean (desired but not essential – written and spoken.
- Understanding of, and experience implementing, Workplace Health Safety and Environment (WHSE) standards to industry best practices
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
About Green Investment Group
GIG provides corporate finance advisory and capital market services to corporate and government clients involved in public and private mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity fund raisings, private equity raisings and corporate restructuring. GIG - and its managed funds - is one of the world’s largest investors in renewable energy.
Our support for the renewable energy and clean technology sectors is part of a broader commitment to infrastructure. GIG’s parent company (Macquarie) has more than $A136 billion of infrastructure assets under management globally and co-invests alongside the world’s leading institutional investors including public sector pension funds. For further information about GIG’s renewable energy credentials please visit https://greeninvestmentgroup.com
GIG understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At GIG we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets and Principal Investments underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 29 offices transacting across 19 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.