Senior Associate - Portfolio & Performance
Job no: FMG-947961
Work type: Full time
Group: Financial Management Group
Recruiter: Garima Kakkar
Portfolio and Performance (P&P) is that division in an organization that provides senior management with a forecast of the company's income statement and operating performance for the upcoming period(s) viz. month, quarter, half year and year. This team acts as the Business Partner by managing the provision of the reporting, planning and analysis requirements of the Management and taking responsibility for the control, processing and consolidation of monthly results, forecasts and undertaking key project activities.
About the Role:
- Overall responsibility for the role in question includes:-
- Communicating financial budget, forecast, outlook, cost transformation to wider team for processing.
- Ensure the integrity of financials and balance sheet to meet Group controls & compliance
- Drive and co-ordinate for cost reduction and common process improvement projects as part of the finance transformation strategy.
- Produce insightful, forward looking analysis that drives better management decisions and detect the early warning of delivery or financial issues.
- Relationship management with the onshore team
- Role requires strong communication skills as it involves regular interaction with the Senior Finance Team in the onshore
- Providing financial summaries and reporting on various aspects of the P&L
- Responding to Ad-hoc requests from service areas and business groups
- Providing information for regulatory and statutory requirements
- Liaising with auditors (internal & external) and addressing queries
- Managing stakeholders and first level escalations, proactively seeking stakeholder feedback to further improve service level standards
- Designing and generating MIS regularly highlighting key metrics for the team and work.
- Continuously innovating with a focus to improve the process – identifying opportunities to enhance efficiencies and add value
- Ensuring compliance with finance control standards for the reporting entity.
- Ensuring quality consciousness in all aspects of the team
- To apply cost conscious approach towards work responsibilities handle
- Ensuring that Macquarie's goals and values are demonstrated in all work the performed.
You are an experienced person in financial services and have exposure to financial accounting and statutory reporting in a service industry environment. You have strong customer service ethics, proactively understand stakeholders’ requirements & maintain good relationship with the stakeholders and have the ability to work in a virtual global teams and manage cross-border relationships effectively.
- Professional Accounting/ Finance qualification in Accounting/ Finance/ Business Management
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferably in banking and financial services sector
- Strong Analytical skills
- Working knowledge of technology enablement solutions like RPA, Alteryx, Power BI, TM1 etc. and ability to implement new technologies for automation and operational excellence will be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel overseas
- Willing to work in shifts
- Exposure to IFRS will be preferred
The Gurugram Office was established in 2007 as a shared services provider of choice for the Macquarie Group and provides capabilities in areas of Finance, Technology & Risk. The Gurugram office is an integral part of Macquarie's global service delivery strategy and has strength of 1400 plus people and continues to experience rapid growth and expansion.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: India Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: India Standard Time
Print application form