Join Macquarie's transformation into one of the best developer workplaces in financial services focusing on engineering excellence and developer experiences. Be part of a progressive organisation that values creativity, collaboration and continuous improvement with strong focus on technical values.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
As an experienced AWS Cloud engineer, you have a unique opportunity to play a key role in building new services in a cloud-first eco-system using product and platform development principles to provide solutions to multiple business groups.
As a passionate and flexible Engineer, you will work autonomously as a part of a dynamic and motivated team working in an agile software development environment. This role works closely with Platform Owners, Delivery squads and supporting services (Architecture, Security, testing) to co-ordinate delivery of platform capabilities and drive overall delivery of Enterprise Data features.
You will be involved in developing high quality, low maintenance software solutions for our Data and Analytics platform. You will also be involved in coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; development, peer code reviews and testing. Our strong development team will offer you the opportunity to learn from senior developers about services running on AWS and Google Cloud and grow with us.
What you offer
- 8+ years of experience in AWS cloud technologies especially S3, EC2, EKS
- Experience with Spark, Presto/Starburst and/or Hive and Airflow
- Experience with SDLC tools like Bamboo, Jenkins, JIRA, GIT, Confluence etc
- A firm grasp of Agile methodologies and a DevOps mindset, with a drive to automate processes and workflows
- Troubleshooting and providing support in diagnosing, resolving, and repairing server-related hardware and software malfunctions
- Experience with Linux/Unix, shell scripting, AWS, python, kubernetes, bamboo, airflow or something similar, as well as ansible.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and be proactive
- CI/CD pipelines, Infrastructure as code
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Access a wide range of learning and development opportunities
About the Corporate Operations Group
In our Corporate Operations Group, you will work at the heart of Macquarie. Join a collaborative team who accelerate digitalisation, sustainability and social impact for the benefit of our people, customers, shareholders and communities. Our teams include technology, digital transformation and data, operations, human resources, business services, corporate strategy and solutions and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a role regardless of their identity, including gender, race, ethnicity, cultural identity, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, marital or family status, neurodiversity, religion or belief, disabilities, or socio-economic background.
If you require adjustments to your working arrangements or the recruitment process, please let us know when applying.