Join our Tax Reporting team in the Americas region as Tax Reporting Senior Manager. In this role you will support our businesses in the Americas in relation to the preparation and/or review of federal and state and local income tax returns, as well as the provisioning for the income tax liabilities within the Americas.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
You will manage the preparation and/or review of corporate federal and state income and franchise tax returns of entities within the Americas Region. Liaising with the Tax Advisory department, you will determine US tax law requirements on specific transactions and consult with the business in preparing analysis for transactions. You will review tax provision, effective tax rate calculations, taxable income, and deferred tax computations as well as test tax basis computations based on balance sheet approach for book/tax differences. Interacting closely with Business Unit Finance, Legal Entity Controllers and Tax Advisory teams, you will seek to understand and highlight potential tax technical issues with accounting positions, transactions, and new products. Also, you will review tax payable and tax receivables reconciliations for cash flow and FX hedging purposes and assess the potential impact of changes.
What you offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance, as well as Masters in Tax and or CPA.
- At least five to seven years of relevant experience in Financial Services or in an Accounting Firm.
- Detail-oriented with good intuitive reasoning and project management skills.
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, and research skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of working effectively in cross-functional and cross-border teams.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- One wellbeing leave day per year and minimum 25 days of annual leave
- Primary caregivers are eligible for 20 weeks paid leave along with 12 days of transition leave upon return to work and 6 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program, a robust behavioral health network with counseling and coaching services
- Recognition and service awards
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Salary range for this position: $150,000- 215,000/Yr. Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, peer and market data, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. The successful candidate may also be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. Macquarie offers a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave, Parental Leave and Vacation), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.