Our Commodities and Global Markets Data Transformation is an exciting program of work as we embark on our journey to build the innovative and future ready Data Platform that will help Macquarie businesses meet customer needs. At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
As a Big Data Engineer, you will join our dynamic Engineering team developing cutting-edge applications. We are industry pioneers and we actively look for innovative ways to achieve great results, which do speak for themselves. This is a permanent role.
What you offer?
- Data warehousing experience with emphasis on Information management domain
- Data modelling experience
- Linux/Unix skills
- Prior working experience with AWS
- Solid SQL experience, authoring complex queries and DDL
- Big data querying tools like Hive, Spark, Presto
- Working knowledge of API-based integration for modern system
- Working knowledge of Data Pipelines Orchestration tools like Apache Oozie, Airflow or Argo Workflows.
- Exposure to working in an Agile environment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production issues under a DevOps model
- A track record of continuously identify opportunities to improve the performance and quality of your ecosystem
- Experience monitoring performance and ensuring infrastructure is appropriately matched to support workload and SLAs
- A broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in clustered computing environment.
We are also interested in any of the below as desirable:
- Good experience in programming languages like (Scala or Java or Python) in context of Big data technologies like Spark
- Experience working in environments with Docker, Kubernetes
- Exposure to security concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of machine learning (E.g. Spark ML or R)
- Experience and knowledge of major Hadoop distribution such as Cloudera, MapR, Hortonworks HDP
- Good experience with build tools like Maven, Gradle, Ant
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
About Commodities and Global Markets
In Commodities and Global Markets you will be part of a global business offering capital and financing, risk management, market access, physical execution and logistics solutions to its diverse client base.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a role regardless of their identity, including gender, race, ethnicity, cultural identity, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, marital or family status, neurodiversity, religion or belief, disabilities, or socio-economic background.
If you require adjustments to your working arrangements or the recruitment process, please let us know when applying.