Join our Non-Financial Risk team within our Banking and Financial Services Group as an Advisor/Manager and work to enhance the risk and control environment. We are a close knit, driven, positive and friendly team who loves to support and add value to the business through effective and efficient assurance reviews.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
Utilising your risk expertise, you will lead a program of work with the business to uplift (design and develop) our specific banking controls, while collaborating with stakeholders across the business to understand end to end process, provide commercial advice and agree actions to optimise management of risks.
You will focus on identifying improvements to the control environment and the design of controls to manage material risks. You will support the business on managing their material risks and controls and protect our clients and shareholders to enable sustainable growth for our business.
What you offer
- 3+ years risk assurance experience within a consulting or Big 4 banking working environment, with technology risk highly regarded
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills, with a demonstrated ability to work with senior business and risk colleagues to drive, challenge, and influence decisions
- Good understanding of regulations, industry best practices and strong understanding of root cause analysis and identify potential solutions
- Demonstrate a high degree of commercial acumen, providing valued insights and strategic direction
- Poses effective data analytical skills or a strong desire to learn
- Curious and learning mindset about emerging technology.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is our technology-driven retail bank. You will be part of a team that supports clients to achieve their full potential – whether that’s buying a home, growing a business, purchasing a car or investing to manage wealth.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for a role regardless of their identity, including gender, race, ethnicity, cultural identity, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status, marital or family status, neurodiversity, religion or belief, disabilities, or socio-economic background.
If you require adjustments to your working arrangements or the recruitment process, please let us know when applying.