As a Manager in the Indirect Tax team supporting our EMEA business units, you will get involved in Macquarie’s indirect tax management from the ground up. You will play a critical role in a time of continued business growth and increasing regulatory scrutiny and change.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
You will be tasked with providing indirect tax technical advice on new and complex transactions, while also ensuring the appropriate processes and controls are in place advising the business and finance teams on indirect tax issues, including reviewing, and advising on the indirect tax consequences of all new business proposals.
You will assist with the management of tax audits and other revenue authority queries and interactions and leverage your technical advisory experience to consult with the wider Indirect Tax and EMEA Tax team as required, including identification of matters requiring escalation. You will also have a great opportunity to provide indirect taxes training and update presentations to the finance and business teams.
What you offer
- Indirect tax advisory experience gained in either a chartered accounting firm, law firm or tax division of a large corporate
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal client relationships with business executives and external relationships with advisors, coupled with strong communication and influencing skills
- Proven ability to apply a commercial lens, with a focus on the bigger picture
- Able to balance multiple assignments, successfully manage work plans in an autonomous environment and actively take responsibility and ownership for issues impacting own tasks.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- One wellbeing leave day per year and minimum 25 days of annual leave.
- Primary carers are eligible for minimum 20 weeks paid leave and minimum 6 weeks for secondary carer
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition and service awards
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will work in the financial hub of Macquarie, driving real change for our businesses. You will be part of a team that plays an important role building relationships with our regulators, partners, communities and shareholders - all of which play a key role in upholding Macquarie's brand.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.