You will join Macquarie’s Commodities and Global Markets Group in Houston and become a part of the Business Analytics and Data Automation team. This is an exciting and challenging role wherein you will report to a global stakeholder and customer base spread across the entirety of the CGM businesses.
In this position, you will work in a small global team on various business initiatives to support controls, reporting, and supervisor dashboards. As a member of the team, you will be required to collaborate effectively with a global team of supervisors, business analysts, and operations support staff to understand and gather requirements. Then working with CGM Central team leverage existing tools and/or develop new solutions to build on these requirements and deliver actionable analysis with timely alerts and visualizations.
Part of the role will also be in helping to identify solutions to replace legacy technologies. This role will give you an opportunity to work independently on technical solutions to business problems as they arise and you will be expected to design, build, document and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable workflows and solutions. Key stakeholders range from traders to Senior management across the whole business.
Initially the role will be focused in supporting our CGM businesses and analytics platform. After time, this person would be expected to help broaden the scope of adoption of best practice analytical tools across more businesses.
To be successful in this role, you would ideally have the following technical knowledge and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree qualification in a quantitative and problem-solving discipline with strong academic performance.
- 3+ years of experience working in a commodity related business.
- Familiarity with a commodity trading environment and associated language and terminology.
- Preferred experience will be with the following tools we use on the job:
- Data analysis tools: MS SQL, Hive, Dataiku, Alteryx
- Programming languages: Python, T-SQL, C#.NET
- Data visualization: Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI
- Solid analytical, problem-solving background, working with transactional level data & large datasets.
- Experience with scheduling, data automation and experience using source control.
- English is the main language within the company therefore proficiency in written and spoken English is a must.
If you are motivated to join a leading global provider within the markets industry, please apply online now. For more information, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. We are a market leader in the environmental products space, having been awarded the 2020 Environmental Products Bank of the Year by Risk Magazine.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.