Join our Quant Strategy team and play a key role in developing automated market-making strategies for our commodities and FX businesses. Our team applies specialist methods from mathematics, science, and engineering to generate revenue. We work on data, models, and algorithms with application to derivative valuation and risk, automated trading, and data-driven decision-making.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients, and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
In this role, you will research and code new models to monetize flow and automate market-making. You will analyse and apply advanced statistical and machine learning methods across large data sets and identify quantitative techniques to be used for developing new business opportunities.
What you offer
- Outstanding academic achievements, including a PhD in a quantitative discipline in maths, physics or engineering.
- 5 + years’ of experience in a related role using coding (preferably C++ and Python) and data science tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.