A great opportunity to join our Financial Controls team as a Manager in our Jacksonville, FL office. The Financial Control function is part of Macquarie Finance Management Group and focused on the financial control of Macquarie Group and Non-Group entities across the various businesses. You will play a very key role which is a mix of delivery responsibilities, process ownership and talent management. Functionally, you will be hands-on and aware of the businesses you will be supporting.
The role requires a good technical skill set on International Financial Reporting Standards based financial reporting, and the ability to translate commercial business transactions to the correct accounting treatment followed up by adequate and appropriate substantiation of the balances.
Key responsibilities will include monthly balance sheet and profit and loss analysis – correct position in the account, business and entity. In addition, you will do regular accounting, review sub-system posting positions, month end close, inter-co breaks clearing and suspense clearing.
Your additional responsibilities will include:
- managing the Transfer Pricing models and bookings.
- submission & review of Consumer Data Processing /data requirements.
- reconciliation & Attestation of balances - process, outcomes, breaks and resolution of issues
- completeness and accuracy of ledger data for Reporting / Tax / Legal Entity Control and Analytical requirements
- Financial/ Regulatory/ Tax reporting submissions - technical requirement & business context underlying the submissions
- new transactions / deals / products / entities / acquisitions/ restructures
- issue resolution & query management.
- reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems impacting your work area
- undertaking and delivering projects, improvement initiatives and standardization approaches
- taking responsibility and ownership over the work performed within the team, ensuring adherence to the timetable and work plan and maintaining high quality deliverables.
Your team and people management responsibilities will include:
- delegating and manage work based on experience and task complexity
- acting as an escalation point for team regarding complex questions, obstacles, and decisions
- setting expectations and key objectives, and providing feedback to junior members of the team
- providing support and development to junior team members to enhance their effectiveness.
In order to be successful in the role, you will need to demonstrate a strong sense of accountability and ownership and demonstrate capability and willingness to be ‘hands-on’. You will also need good problem-solving capabilities and strong planning and organizing skills that helps balance between, often competing, priorities. You will have the ability to demonstrate innovation with a focus on improving processes, enhancing efficiencies and adding value whilst ensuring quality consciousness in all aspects of the team. Interest in travelling overseas to engage with key stakeholders and drive business priorities to successful completion is a part of this role.
You will have a postgraduate accounting qualification, CA or CPA posing 7 -10 years of relevant post qualification experience. You’ll also bring with you an understanding of financial instruments and derivatives and a good understanding of reporting requirements under International Financial Reporting Standards, particularly standards that are relevant to the banking industry is required. Prior experience in the banking/ financial services / public accounting and stock broking firms will be preferred.
If you are ready to put your skills to work, apply today!
Find out more about us at www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.