Are you comfortable working in a collaborative environment with modern systems and technologies? Do you have a natural tendency to problem solve, and continually think about improving the way things are done? If this rings true, then this is a fantastic opportunity to lead our Small Country Finance team as a Manager in our Jacksonville, FL office.
The Small Country Finance function is part of Macquarie Finance Management Group and focused on the financial control, financial reporting, financial compliance, outsourced service providers management and legal entity control of Macquarie Group entities across the various businesses.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing strong business relationships across LATAM offices
- Managing the negotiations and relationship with outsourced service providers and auditors across different LATAM countries.
- Presenting to key stakeholders and steering committees
- Taking on the title of Legal Entity Controller for high risk entities and ensuring the team is performing the following:
- preparing and reviewing financial statements and supporting them with well-developed analytical reviews – both at Group and/or at subsidiary levels
- regular compliance activities which form part of ongoing monitoring and control are performed by team on a timely basis – monthly financial review of entity balances, attestation of all Legal Entity owned balances, impairment reviews, preparation of financial reports for Board Meetings
- reviewing balance sheet commentaries (quarterly), legal entity recaps and funding for transaction investments, cash settlements of intercompany balances as well as managing foreign exchange exposure and reviewing journals for hedging
- reconciliation & attestation of balances - process, outcomes, breaks and resolution of issues
- completeness and accuracy of ledger data for Reporting / Tax / Legal Entity Control & Analytical requirements
- identifying and proactively resolving issues that could result in financial misstatements and classification errors
- managing group regulatory reporting submissions and tax submissions
- participating in the new office set up and ensuring the various financial, regulatory and accounts payable processes are aligned with Macquarie standards.
- reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems that impact the financial information related to the assigned legal entities[JT(1]
- Undertaking and delivering projects, improvement initiatives and standardization approaches.
Your background will include:
- Postgraduate accounting qualification, preferably CA or CPA
- Prior experience of at least 10 years’ in Financial Accounting, which may include public accounting experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience in people and team management
Successful candidates are self-starters with a strong control mind set and the ability to demonstrate capability and willingness to be "hands-on”. Another key attribute will be strong planning and organizing skills, to balance between sometimes competing priorities while managing stakeholders in different time zones and offices.
If this sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply online now.
For more information, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.