Division Director | Head of Enterprise Data Architecture
Join our Data division, working with Macquarie’s Chief Data Officer to enable our business to realise value through trusted data.
The Data division will support the delivery of our data as an asset capability for the Group and is responsible for setting the enterprise-wide data strategy and owning the Enterprise Data Management, Regulatory Reporting and Records Management frameworks.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.
What role will you play?
In this leadership role you will be accountable for setting and operationalising the Enterprise Data strategy. You will build a broad network across Business, Technology and Data teams to attain alignment to Enterprise strategy. You and your team will be responsible for the creation and adoption of enterprise level data and design patterns.
You will chair Enterprise Data Architecture forums, as well as provide advice and support to change activity across the business. Finally, you will be across new and emerging concepts and tools (i.e. data fabric, data mesh, data products) to to ensure Macquarie remains a competitive and successful modern banking organisation.
What you offer
- 15+ years experience in Architecture
- Strong communication across all levels of the organisation including C-suite
- Previous experience designing and delivering enterprise data strategy and leading data architecture in a large and complex enterprise environment
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills that guide business change in a data context
- Experience driving enterprise wide data transformation – experience doing this in a federated environment would be beneficial but not necessary
- Demonstrated senior leadership skills that creates a supportive, proactive and effective data architecture team
- Previous experience leading senior architects and structuring teams to support strategic delivery
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Wellbeing and service bonus leave
- Up to 20 weeks paid parental leave as well as benefits to support you as you transition to life as a working parent
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.