Take on a diverse role within our Legal and Governance Group (LGG) supporting our Group Head (Group General Counsel) and Chief Operating Officer as a Business Operations Manager. Our Operations team is responsible for executing the strategic vision for LGG across Macquarie Group, with legal and governance professionals working in all operating groups and hub jurisdictions. This role supports the global LGG team to meet its strategic and business objectives by providing decision and execution support, as well as being a key interface for all functional engagements between LGG and FMG, RMG, COG and more broadly across Macquarie.
Your responsibilities will require you to:
- Create, collate or oversee presentations and materials to support strategic and/or operational initiatives in LGG;
- Drive operating model changes to bring consistency and efficiency to LGG processes;
- Analyse operational and financial data to provide qualitative and quantitative backing to support strategic development efforts;
- Have oversight of the LGG Central P&L and budget process, with a focus on managing costs;
- Assist in leading and managing key projects across LGG;
- Partner with COG Technology, Business Services, Operating Group teams and other support groups in the roll-out of technology platforms and other related changes;
- Create, collate or oversee the development of presentations and materials such as staff updates, Town Halls and Board packs, working with a dedicated Communications executive (in LGG) and across central teams;
- Support development of the L&D strategy, including roll-out to global teams;
- Be a part of setting agendas for recurring committee and leadership meetings; and
- Be responsible for stakeholder management for external vendors (as required) as well as internal support areas.
You will have at least 5 years of relevant experience, including but not limited to finance, operations or business strategy.
You will be a creative and flexible thinker, confident written and verbal communicator, highly motivated, proactive, organised and resilient. You will demonstrate sound business judgement, financial analytical skills and possess strong interpersonal skills which will give you the ability to liaise and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels. You will occasionally work with sensitive information and must maintain confidentiality.
Finally, you will be degree-educated, with accounting, finance or business qualifications.
About Legal and Governance
In our Legal and Governance Group you will be part of a global, dynamic and independent group of lawyers, governance professionals and technical specialists that protect and represent the interests of Macquarie, our businesses and our people.
Our teams are at the forefront of Macquarie, undertaking cutting edge legal and governance work to support business outcomes.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.