You’ll join our Macquarie Asset Management (MAM) division as a Key Account Manager/Director within the Client Solutions Group (CSG). MAM provides specialist public and private market solutions to institutional, wholesale and retail investors both domestically and globally.
CSG is responsible for the distribution and growth of MAM’s investment capabilities. In the Australian wholesale channel, this includes inhouse investment expertise across equities, fixed income and multi-asset solutions, and the Macquarie Professional Series (MPS). The MPS product suite presents a range of world-class global fund managers, include Arrowstreet Capital, Independent Franchise Partners, Walter Scott & Partners, Polaris Capital Management, Mirova, P/E Investments, Winton, as well as the Private Markets series.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced individual to join the Wholesale Sales/Distribution team with CSG as a Key Account Manager/Director, working in the Research and Consultant Relations team responsible for all key gatekeeper intermediaries in the wholesale market, including national key accounts/dealer groups, research houses, independent consultants, and platform intermediaries. Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing and maximising fund APL listings, model portfolio/managed account growth and platform positions
- Driving sales outcomes via the strategic hub activity for accounts across all MAM wholesale fund offerings
- Lead planning and activity for Conferences, Professional Development Days, and other Events with Marketing and Investments, and campaigns to maximise lead generation with Business Development Managers
- Maintain close relationships with clients, with high levels of service standards to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop strong partnerships with the Investment, Business Development, Marketing, Central Product, Legal and Operations teams to collaboratively drive successful business outcomes
- Negotiation and oversight of the execution of legal agreements and sign off processes
- Work with the Head of Research and Consultant Relations to develop and execute on the overarching distribution strategy
- Contribution to new and ongoing product development initiatives
We ask that you have a proven ability to effectively communicate technical investment concepts and have demonstrated relationship management skills. You will also have:
- Relevant tertiary and/or industry qualifications
- Minimum of 10-15 years in financial services, with relevant experience
- Sound understanding of the Funds Management industry, investment markets and regulations
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly build and maximise client relationships
- Strong influencing skills and stakeholder management
- Effective management of a high volume of work within a defined framework
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative yet autonomous environment
About Macquarie Asset Management
In Macquarie Asset Management you will join a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than A$773/€523/£440/$US578 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, green investments, natural assets, real estate, and asset finance.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.