If you are looking for an opportunity where you can use your experience to drive significant change at a leading Global Asset Manager, then this opportunity may be for you. Macquarie Asset Management Public Investments (MAM PI), is seeking an self-motivated, detail oriented Financial Analyst to join Macquarie Asset Management Public Investments Financial Planning and Analysis team in either our Philadelphia or Kansas City office.
In this role, you will enjoy a fast-paced environment with interaction with senior leaders, and an opportunity to drive change in the organization. It requires a positive, confident, resilient, and innovative approach with exceptional time management skills, and the ability to manage high priority, concurrent tasks.
Key focus areas:
This position will be responsible for the preparation, reporting, forecasting and analysis of AuM, Net New Money, and Revenue for both internal and external stakeholders. This key role also includes broad analytical support for senior management on the associated performance of the business. An important part of this role will be the ability to add valuable insight to the production of stable and consistent information.
Key focus areas of your role will be the reporting and forecasting of Net New Money and Revenue, developing new key metrics that offer improved insights into the performance of the business. Additionally, you will focus on driving improvements to current processes to deliver accurate, timely and insightful reporting and analysis. Your ability to keep pace with changes in the business, create efficient processes and procedures, and harness new technologies will be key to your success in this role.
Manage and deliver the monthly reporting and forecast insights for AuM, Net New Money, Revenue & Run Rate Revenues. This includes:
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual Revenue reporting
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual Net New Money reporting and forecasting
- Develop and deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual Revenue & Run Rate Revenues for business partners
- Evaluate and challenge financial results to forecasts and budget. Partnering with Business Finance colleagues and business leaders to develop a strong understanding of drivers and trends.
- Development of new analysis and insights that provide improved insights into the performance of the business and the evolution of existing reporting and forecasting processes to facilitate the group’s ability to evaluate channel, product, and account profitability.
- Collaborating with various Macquarie Asset Management divisions and Macquarie Financial Management Group to ensure that the processes used for Net New Money and Revenue are fit for purpose, efficient, effective, and transparent.
- Collaborate with Business Finance colleagues to provide key monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, along with insights into Investment Team profitability.
- Gain strong understanding of the systems and flow of data within the Revenue process to be seen as a subject matter expert within the Business Finance team.
- Ongoing commitment to identifying and implementing process improvements, as well as maintaining and developing documentation of procedures performed by the team. With the broader goal of:
- Improving consistency and efficiency of global AuM, Net New Money & Revenue reporting
- Creating a single, global source for firm-wide Revenue & Run Rate Revenue data
- Working effectively and collaboratively to support internal business partners (CSG, Product & Investment Teams) with ad hoc requests and development of reporting and analysis to provide key insights into AuM, Net New Money and Revenue.
- Support MAM PI senior leaders through high-quality, accurate and professional reporting, forecasting and ad hoc analysis of AuM, Net New Money & Revenue
- Working collaboratively with broader Business Finance team to support the overall goals and objectives of the group.
Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting or related field. Advanced degree or certification a plus (e.g., CPA, CFA and/or MBA)
- 3+ years of professional experience, with experience in financial and business reporting and analysis
- Expertise in core finance concepts and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement new, innovative and impactful change to reporting and forecasting processes.
- An intellectual curiosity with strong analytical and critical thinking skills, attention to detail and ability to draw out meaningful trends from large data sets or complex financial models.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Access and experience in PowerPoint.
- Experience in a global role coordinating with peers across multiple regions and teams is a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and demonstrated ability to produce accurate and professional reporting, forecasting and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership for delivering excellent results; track record of demonstrating persistence in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks; commitment to continuous improvement
- Maintains high standards of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality
About Macquarie Asset Management
In Macquarie Asset Management you will join a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than A$773/€523/£440/$US578 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, green investments, natural assets, real estate, and asset finance.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.