Macquarie is passionate about diversity and inclusion and empowers staff to aim for excellence in everything they do. We believe that flexibility is a key driver to our people’s success and welcome the opportunity to discuss what flexibility means for you.
Group Treasury is seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager/Manager, with skills from a variety of backgrounds (banking, accounting, consulting), to join its Capital change and interpretation team.
The Capital Change and Interpretation team within Group Treasury is focused on proactively supporting Macquarie’s capital position and its business activities in an dynamic external environment. The team manages capital regulation, regulatory change and interpretation for Macquarie’s business activities and your role will be to provide insights on capital treatments, capital change impact and support the business to manage the capital position.
In this role, you will contribute to the development and change of capital treatments for Macquarie's business activities, whilst partnering with our business and risk divisions to enable their continued growth. Key to your success will be your ability to engage with senior stakeholders across Group Treasury and the rest of Macquarie.
As a Manager/Senior Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships with key business contacts to understand the drivers of their business activity, and assess implications for Macquarie’s capital position and return on equity
- Assessing the impact of developments in the external environment (including product change, regulatory change) on Macquarie’s capital position
- Preparing insights that will assist with senior management decision making, including recommendations on capital treatments
- Supporting major capital project to provide guidance on capital treatments and interpretations and support the consistent implementation of capital requirements across several projects
- Supporting engagement with regulators
- Coaching and development of junior team members
Ideally you will have:
- An intellectually curious mind and an ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data or problems
- Anexcellent understanding of banking products and their capital treatments
- A strong understanding of, or interest in, APRA prudential standards and/or frameworks applicable to banks, in particular credit risk
- Commercial acumen and an ability to see the bigger picture
- A relevant academic background in a technical, financial or quantitative degree, e.g. actuarial, accounting, economics, engineering, mathematics
- Strong numerical and analytical skills coupled with an ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- Experience with PowerBI and Alteryx (or similar) will be viewed favourably, as will experience with Moody’s Risk Authority
We are open to applications from Australian citizens or permanent residents and also individuals with suitable experience exploring sponsorship to relocate and work in Australia."
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.