Are you an experienced Fund Operations Manager or Fund Accountant looking to further your career with an excellent global platform? Our Technology Capital team has a new headcount for a Manager to be based in Hong Kong.
The Technology Capital team is responsible for origination and execution of principal investment opportunities and works closely with co-investors who invest via co-investment funds, typically Limited Partnerships. The business has grown rapidly in recent years and has now reached significant scale and assets under management, therefore, the team is looking for a strong fund operations manager to support them across all the funds and lead interactions with the third party fund administrator, Limited Partner (LPs) and internal stakeholders. Key responsibilities include:
- Accounting and reporting: review of financial and capital account statements to investors, assist in providing support to fund administrator for accounts maintenance.
- LP management: manage information requests from Limited Partners including contact updates, support internal KYC requirements and process administrative requests; assist in LP transfer or new LP onboarding.
- Capital Calls and distributions: arrange capital calls on initial investment and annual administrative fee; review administrative fees and waterfall computations; process distributions.
- Cash management: manage bank accounts and process transactions and expenses, as well as work with Macquarie’s Financial Management Group on reconciliations.
- Audit: review management accounts and financial statements; provide data and valuations across all funds.
- Transactional support: Assisting the team with setup of new Limited Partnerships for investment or alternatively, support the distribute and liquidation process after exits from positions.
You will have primary responsibility for all fund operations and administration, with support from the third party fund administrator and other service providers. There is significant scope to increase responsibilities over time such as supporting the team on portfolio management.
To excel in this position, you will have at least 8 years’ experience in a fund operations or fund accounting role most likely with a fund or administrator, with proven capability to work well in a small team and take on ad hoc tasks as needed. Ability to work independently is critical. Fund accounting experience is necessary, with exposure to other aspects of funds operations viewed favourably. Familiarity with Cayman fund regulations such as AML, FATCA and CRS would also be helpful.
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital is the advisory, capital markets and principal investment arm of Macquarie Group. It encompasses corporate advisory, a full spectrum of capital solutions, including capital raising services from equity, debt and private capital markets and principal investments from Macquarie’s balance sheet. Macquarie Capital has deep sector expertise in the aerospace, defense and government services, consumer, gaming and leisure, critical minerals, energy, financial institutions, healthcare, industrials, infrastructure, services, software, technology, telecommunications and media sectors.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.