Join our Credit Risk team, the independent risk management team of Banking and Financial Services, and enjoy playing a key role in bringing risk and data based decision making to the inspection and management of our policy and controls.
You will join a team that manages credit risk across our residential mortgages, asset finance, credit cards and small business lending products. Our Banking and Financial Services Credit Risk team also maintains close working ties with our central risk management group, relating to the development of risk acceptance criteria, risk governance and risk assurance.
Reporting to the Head of Banking & Financial Services Credit Risk, your focus will be on leading and developing our credit risk assurance capability in the Banking & Financial Services Credit Risk team on the processes associated in the credit ecosystem on all our lending products. The role will involve working in collaboration with the credit ecosystem, product, sales, operations and technology to enhance testing, inspection and insights on how we manage our risks. This includes evolving and managing our manual credit quality assurance testing and leveraging data, credit risk portfolio reporting, risk insights, industry data and customer and employee ecosystem feedback to enhance our ways of assurance to further enhance credit risk policies, guidelines and processes.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a medium size (c20) team of credit risk professionals to run and evolve our credit quality assurance practises with in depth consideration for risk, reward, customer and employee experience and technology opportunities.
- Understanding credit risk policies and processes and how they relate to the credit risk lifecycle to assist with designing and enhancing our assurance testing.
- Owning, managing and updating the credit risk quality assurance policies that underpin our risk management framework
- Identifying and investigating trends and insights from internal and external data to understand and leverage to see where our assurance processes can be optimised
- Use of data tools and models to improve risk management and reduce manual effort
- Identifying initiatives to improve assurance of data quality and credit systems.
- Contributing to projects to develop strategic initiatives across the credit risk lifecycle
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, including internal and external data teams and the centralised risk management group.
Your experience in a risk-based role, preferably in the financial services sector partnered with your experience in credit underwriting in lending businesses as well as exposure to credit risk systems and data and their interaction with policies will be essential in this role. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible, and the ability to work individually as well within a team.
If you are looking for your next career move and the above sounds like you, please apply online now.
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.