We are looking for a dynamic and purpose driven individual to join the Social Impact team of our Macquarie Asset Management (“MAM”) division in Sydney to grow a market-leading platform
The Social Impact team of Macquarie Asset Management manages Australia’s largest Specialist Disability Accommodation (“SDA”) fund, which seeks to finance a growing portfolio of innovative and high-quality inclusive housing that is integrated into urban communities.
Facing the shortage of SDA housing in Australia, the platform is focused on newly built sustainable dwellings that cater for individuals with “extreme functional impairment” or “very high support needs” to maximise their independence. The strategy operates within the framework of Australia’s National Disability Insurance Scheme (“NDIS”), which seeks to support the provision of high-quality, purpose-built dwellings for the most vulnerable Australians by funding their accommodation.
If you have high achievement drive with a commercial, inquisitive mindset and a strong interest in purpose driven social impact-investing, then this could be the opportunity for you. We would be open to considering candidates seeking either a part-time or full-time working arrangement.
Working as a senior member a small team you will work holistically across all aspects of the fund and will be responsible for the following:
- Working with our asset company My Specialised Accommodation Solutions (“MySAS”) and SDA Partners to originate new partnership and investment opportunities for the platform
- oversee the management of existing fund assets by executing activities such as corporate governance, refinancing, asset evaluation, performance analysis and divestment.
- Supported by a team, including analysts and an Asset Director, you will also be working on overall fund operations and strategic initiatives to drive portfolio performance
- contribute to the development of SDA policy with evidence-based observations and analysing different types of dwellings to establish their impact outcomes and cost effectiveness for the NDIS.
- You will also be involved in the investor relations process, building and maintaining relationships with institutional investors as well as maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders including consultants, internal staff, and senior level employees of investee companies and regulators.
- You will be required to work closely with professional advisors in a transaction setting, including legal and financial advisors
- You may also be involved in the preparation of management reports and board materials for internal and external use.
You will have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a result driven, professional environment with a bachelor’s degree. Investment banking, private equity, asset administration, law or consulting may have honed your commercial acumen, but we are actively seeking diversity in this nascent sector so would also value experience from other disciplines such as health, real estate, social and affordable housing, community services, aged care, and disability services.
We also value relevant experience in the disability, healthcare and adjacent sectors and encourage candidates with expertise who are considering a lateral career move to apply. You will strive to deliver a positive impact, have strong analytical skills, be an experienced stakeholder manager and intellectually inquisitive. You will be an inclusive team player with strong communication skills, be confident in presenting and be open to discussing your points of view. Experience in asset management activities will assist the successful candidate but is not a pre-requisite.
Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $US578 billion (as at 31 March 2022) in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, renewables, natural assets, real estate and transportation finance.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (“DEI”)
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.