Do you have a passion for Transformation, Change & Digitalisation? Join Macquarie’s Commodity Operations Change team in London as a Project Manager, where you’ll play a key role in a range of exciting opportunities which will strategically evolve Commodity Operations systems, services and control processes. In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with various stakeholders across Commodity Operations, Technology and the Commodity Business and will report directly to the Global Head of Commodity Operations Change & EMEA Head of Commodity Operations.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- an inquisitive mind and the drive to challenge the status-quo
- creative problem-solving abilities, with a strong sense of ownership to deliver outcomes
- the ability to interpret, synthesise and clearly articulate information
- a learning mindset and the ability to pick-up new concepts quickly
- interpersonal skills to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders
- strong leadership capabilities, with the ability to empower & influence colleagues in Operations, Technology and other stakeholder groups, to drive projects which deliver transformational outcomes
Responsibilities will include business analysis, project management, change management and human-centered design, including:
- gathering data to analyse root cause and generate insights into opportunities
- partnering closely with stakeholders to fully understand current state, design ideal future state and create plans which incrementally deliver transformational change
- managing projects to completion, individually and in conjunction with others
The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years’ experience in project-focussed roles in consulting, project management and/or business analysis. Experience within Financial Services (especially Commodity Operations) would be valuable, although this is not a mandatory requirement. All interested candidates who are equipped with the skills and motivation to play a key role in helping stakeholders deliver transformation, in a fast-paced & outcome-focused team environment, should apply!
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.