As a Senior Incident and Problem Manager, you will work as a part of the global team to coordinate responses to ensure timely resolution for service and security incidents, coordinate and manage business disruptions, conduct problem and root cause sessions following high impacting incidents.
Are you someone with excellent communication skills both written and verbal, coupled with the ability to assess situations, and respond swiftly to find the best resolution with minimal business disruptions?
You will partner with others, both inside and outside of the organization, and this will be critical to your success.
Key responsibilities include:
- own end-to-end management of production incidents and conduct problem root cause analysis sessions following incidents
- contribute towards successful achievement on the measures of success for incident management
- manage, report and mitigation of incident and resilience risks
- coordinate initiatives/changes to ensure adoption of improved incident and resilience processes/solutions.
A background in Incident Management and Technology Resilience in large enterprise environments is key to being successful in this role.
In addition, your skills/background will include:
- 3 years’ + experience as an Incident Manager or operational support capacity ideally in a DevOps model
- 3 years’ + experience working in an IT related Service Industry with working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as, but not limited to, different OS and database platforms, cloud computing and virtualization, networking and collaboration technologies
- proven skills managing the coordination of security incidents
- facilitate problem investigation to drive service improvement and to reduce incident recurrence
- conduct planned technology resilience tests and remediate resilience risks
- ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple ongoing issues
- positive working attitude with a sense of ownership and urgency
- ability to work with regional teams in a global operating model.
It’s advantageous if you have the following:
- experience with technical change risk assessment
- experience with a common tools such as: BMC Helix, xMatters, JIRA, PowerBI
- experience in globally distributed IT organization strongly desired
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to take the next step in your career, please apply online now.
Please apply via the following link with your CV.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.