Join our project team and play a key role supporting the Commodities and Global Markets Finance team in Jacksonville. Commodities and Global Markets Finance covers product control, financial control and legal entity control functions and the ideal candidate will be able to work in partnership across these teams and be involved in a wide range of projects and ad hoc requests.
In this role, you will be coordinating the change agenda for Commodities and Global Markets Finance by supporting strategic system rollouts and process efficiency initiatives. Your primary responsibility is to support the strategic initiative to improve the attribution bucketing provided by upstream systems, managing Product Control requirements across businesses globally. You will be coordinating primarily with the technology to develop solutions that meet stakeholders needs.
Duties will also include supporting system enhancements by performing root cause analysis to help identify proper fix/improvement, performing data and requirements gathering (e.g. process mapping, stakeholder interviews, workshop facilitation), coordination and execution of UAT (e.g. validating of issues raised by the production team during testing), execution of recs and journals as they relate to specific projects under this team’s remit, and providing a summarized report on project status.
You will also partner with the Commodities and Global Markets Finance Team in India. This partnership will include attending a monthly forum where projects are discussed and priorities agreed, ensuring requests are prioritized appropriately, highlighting where requests are not progressing as expected, and helping and coordinating testing.
Further responsibilities will include:
Supporting Accounting Changes due to new regulation:
- help and respond to queries from groups outside of Finance with regards to changes in entities
- work relating to legal entities analysis, transfers, financial reporting for current and next year
- liquidation/ rationalization of entities as required
- liaise with Product Control on front office book closures where required due to changes in entity structures
Working on Financial Control (FC) Automation Projects:
- for each category of manual journals ensure we have a remediation or automation plan in place and create a timeline for each
- attend all working group meetings, meetings with IT to outline and document requirements, work with wider FC to gather information
- lead UAT testing
- learn and become proactive in self driven journal automation techniques
- provide weekly status updates on how each project is progressing
- Form a strong relationship with IT to work through issues and keep the project on track
Product Control P&L Reporting System Changes:
- work to on-board various trading desk P&Ls onto our new P&L and Risk Platform
- gather reporting requirements from both the trading desk and Product Controllers
- document bespoke attribution requirements as per desk products
- help and coordinate testing
- assist Product Control in setting up new reports
- help drive the release of new enhancements
- document new requirements as and when required; share them with project team in Sydney for prioritization
You will leverage your 5-7 years’ prior work experience with accounting (preferably in Product / Financial Control), demonstrated delivery of process efficiencies, and being a hands-on leader supporting things like liquidation/merger entries.
Ideally, you will have worked in a “change the bank” role at another financial services company or worked in product control, financial control, or audited within the financial services industry and has good knowledge on P&L attribution/explain.
About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.