During a dynamic phase of growth and technology-led business transformation, Macquarie’s Personal Banking Direct team are looking for experienced Team Leader to join us and lead a team of Car Loan Banking Specialists.
You will be part of a high performing leadership team looking after a large and expanding sales team.
As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
Team Culture and Engagement
- Create a high-performance culture that supports learning, personal development, and growth
- Build capability in the team to meet targets per their competency framework
- Drive team motivation through recognition and celebration of individual and team goals
- Support career goals of team members, including through mobility within the Direct sales team to other roles
Knowledge & Skills
- You will be acknowledged / accredited as having strong credit capability in lending.
- You will help identify credit knowledge gaps in team members, and work with the team to train and build capability
- You will build strong product and process knowledge, and have an ability to identify and close knowledge gaps in the team
- You will also help the team build strong sales skills and disciplines, through a focus on understanding customer needs, communicating a consistent value proposition, regular customer engagement and disciplined follow-through
Customer Experience, Monitoring and Compliance
- Closely monitor team’s activity through call and file monitoring, sales quality and performance reporting dashboards
- Ensure regulatory compliance and continuous professional development requirements are being met on time across the team
- Identify key moments-of-truth in customer experience, and intervene quickly where required to deal with customer escalations and complaints
- Close liaison with the Client Care team for complaint management / escalation
- Engage and build effective working relationships with various internal stakeholders (e.g. Direct Team, Credit, Client Services, Marketing, Product & Technology) to deliver positive outcomes for customers, the team and business
- Present occasionally to internal or external groups to drive awareness, business activity and engagement
To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Car Loan lending, preferably in a sales-based environment with people management and coaching experience. You will also have outstanding written and verbal communication skills to convey complex terms in a clear and concise manner. You will be motivated to achieve team goals and help the team grow personally and professionally.
Tertiary qualification preferable, but not essential.
In return, we will enable you to develop your skills and take your career to new heights in a high growth business, as well as a diverse and inclusive environment where you will be comfortable in bringing your whole self to work every day.
If you like the sound of joining this fast paced, dynamic and high performing team, please apply via the link below.
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.