Do you enjoy complex problem solving and have an interest in understanding how a global financial group operates? Are you curious and like to be challenged whilst learning new skills?
Join a high-calibre, collaborative workplace where you will be involved in developing new and innovative solutions within Macquarie’s Group Treasury team. This is a unique opportunity which will necessitate you to think broadly, be forward-thinking and proactive, and consider how domestic and international business environment, regulatory, tax and other changes will shape Macquarie's business activities.
You will be directly exposed to Macquarie's senior management, in a non-hierarchical, merit-based environment and will work closely across the Financial Management Group and Group Treasury teams. In this varied role, you will support the Macquarie Businesses and Group Treasury in managing internal funding within the Macquarie Group. In addition, applying your analytic skills to add insight to the monitoring of intragroup funding arrangements and processes.
In this role your key responsibilities will include:
- Management of internal funding within the Macquarie Group including booking and management of loans and derivatives
- Supporting Macquarie’s businesses and Group Treasury to structure transactions to manage the impact on our balance sheet and mitigate risk
- Active involvement in intragroup funding projects, in particular change and transformation initiatives across Macquarie
- Review and challenge of internal processes around intragroup funding
- Analysis and understanding of complex data sets, and producing actionable insights to support decision making at the senior management levels
- Developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders and providing advice on areas of expertise
In this role your technical skills and qualifications will include:
- A relevant academic background in a financial or quantitative degree, e.g., actuarial, accounting, economics, engineering, mathematics
- Strong numerical and analytical skills coupled with an ability to understand and succinctly explain large and complex data sets
- Clear & concise written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage with all levels of management including non-technical stakeholders
- The following experience) will be viewed favorably:
- Previous experience with Treasury, Product Control, Front/Middle Office operations, Risk Management
- Understanding of finance and risk concepts including profit and loss, balance sheet, interest rate risk, FX risk
- Knowledge of deal booking systems
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via the link below.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.