Join our Commodities and Global Markets (“CGM”) Transaction Management and Advisory Finance team in our New York office. In this business partnering role, you will primarily focus on the Credit Markets and Americas Futures businesses within the CGM division and provide transactional advice and technical accounting support.
You will engage and consult with the business, other areas across finance, risk management and other support groups. You will enjoy the opportunity to communicate with a variety of stakeholders and will be keenly interested in improving operational processes and seeking opportunities which directly impact the businesses we support. You will ensure compliance with policies, frameworks and minimum control standards.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Review new products and transactions to determine and document the appropriate accounting treatment
- Coordinate new product approvals across the Financial Management Group (“FMG”) stakeholders, which include Finance, Tax and Group Treasury.
- Business advisory services for regional CGM transactions.
- Close partnership and liaison with CGM Finance teams including EMC, Product Control, Independent Valuations Team, and other FMG stakeholders.
- Identify and deliver improvement opportunities in the End-to-End environment by simplification, standardization, and automation within Financial Control and as part of key Financial Management Group wide strategic projects.
- Ensure compliance with Macquarie’s Financial Control framework and Finance Control and Operating Standards.
To be successful in this role, you will have some of the following:
- An accounting qualification (bachelor’s degree, CPA, Chartered Accountant)
- Experience within an accounting/finance function
- Technical accounting experience (with knowledge of IFRS preferred)
- Banking / finance experience working in a technical accounting role is a plus
- Basic project management skills to support bank wide and divisional projects
- Curiosity along with the ability to think logically and commercially
- Tenacity to get to the right outcome through thorough research
- Self-starter who can manage competing priorities, transactions and projects.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.