You will join Macquarie’s Commodities and Global Markets Group in Sydney and become a part of the Business Analytics and Data Automation team. This is an exciting and challenging role wherein you will report to a global stakeholder and customer base spread across the entirety of the CGM businesses.
In this position, you will work in a small global team on various business initiatives to support controls, reporting, and analytical tools across the business. As a member of the team, you will be required to collaborate effectively with a global team of traders, market analysts, business analysts, and operations support staff to understand and gather requirements. Then, leverage existing tools and/or develop new solutions to build on these requirements and deliver actionable analysis with timely alerts and visualizations
Part of the role will also be in helping to identify solutions to replace legacy technologies. This role will give you an opportunity to work independently on technical solutions to business problems as they arise and you will be expected to design, build, document and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable workflows and solutions. Key stakeholders range from traders to Senior management across the whole business.
Initially the role will be focused in supporting our Resources / Energy Trading business and analytics platform. After time, this person would be expected to help broaden the scope of adoption of best practice analytical tools across more of our commodity trading businesses.
To be successful in this role, you would ideally have the following technical knowledge and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree qualification in a quantitative and problem-solving discipline with strong academic performance
- 3+ years of experience working in a commodity related business
- Familiarity with a commodity trading environment and associated language and terminology.
- Preferred experience will be with the following tools we use on the job:
- Data analysis tools: MS SQL, Hive, Dataiku, Alteryx
- Programming languages: Python, T-SQL, C#.NET
- Data visualisation: Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI
- Solid analytical, problem-solving background, working with transactional level data & large datasets
- Experience with scheduling, data automation and experience using source control
- English is the main language within the company therefore proficiency in written and spoken English is a must
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply today.
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.