Macquarie is seeking a licensed attorney candidate, having at least 5 years’ experience post admission, to join its São Paulo based Commodity and Global Markets commodity financing business as a Structurer/Originator and Derivatives Lawyer.
The successful candidate’s will be responsible for:
- originating, structuring, and executing structured commodity transactions, primarily leveraging Macquarie’s physical commodity platform. This team specializes in structured working capital solutions around the physical commodity supply chain and related structured finance transactions. Typical transactions are physical commodities buy/sell transactions and prepayment for physical off-take; and
- drafting, reviewing, and negotiating derivatives legal documentation, including ISDA and CGD master agreement, schedules and credit support agreements and any other underlying documentation. Relying on your current knowledge, you will advise the business on current regulatory frameworks and assist in facilitating transactions and analyzing counterparty structures.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- managing internal stakeholders, including Risk, Legal, Credit, Compliance and Deal Management to get transactions approved.
- designing and drafting term sheets, reviewing and negotiating transaction agreements, securities, opinions and other related work.
- preventing legal risk by drafting templates, policies, guidelines and standards; translating laws and regulations to business requirements, templates, policies and procedures.
- document management and internal systems process work.
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating procurement agreements, NDAs and similar agreements.
- handling incidents, claims and litigation, managing the strategy, arguments and conferring closely about content.
- dealing with a variety of legal projects in a large and broad context, with high level of strategic and financial impact, risk and reputation exposure, time strains, number of internal and external stakeholders involved, including matters with a cross-border dimension.
- assisting with company secretarial and data privacy matters.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have at least 5 years of experience in derivatives business, structured trade and commodity finance or commodity trading. The ideal candidates will be motivated and able to work with reasonable autonomy. Strong communication skills and attention to detail are important for the role. Fluency in the English language is required. Spanish speaking ability is an added asset but is not required. Current Brazilian bar admission is required.
Resumes in English preferred.
If you would like to be part of the overall success and growth of our commodity finance business then we would love to hear from you, please apply now.
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. We are a market leader in the environmental products space, having been awarded the 2020 Environmental Products Bank of the Year by Risk Magazine.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.