Join our Structured Finance team in Houston as a Junior Structuring Analyst within our Commodities Solutions team. In this role, you will support front office deal structuring across our wholesale supply of energy products to retail and end-use customers.
The Commodity Solutions team aims to accelerate the energy transition by executing transactions sitting between wholesale and retail energy providers. This new business line will focus on originating a portfolio that provides financing to large end users (and their intermediaries) looking to implement or expand sustainable capital expenditures. Solving these challenges will involve financial analysis, debt financing, working capital, term loans, hedging, optimization, risk management, credit risk, among other things.
On a day-to-day basis, you will review financial information on prospective clients. You will use your commercial and analytical modelling skills to liaise with internal stakeholders and advise on potential future business transactions. You will use your keen attention to detail to review due diligence categories, on-board clients, and research new business opportunities.
You will be an integral member of the team as you sharpen your skills and advance your career. Our workplace design fosters team interaction and through this immersive environment you will learn quickly as you sit side by side with our corporate team.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Due diligence and research on relevant industries for deal background
- Supporting marketing development
- Internal presentations for stakeholders
- Financial modeling and supporting transaction analysis
- Independent research projects
- Working with internal stakeholders for the deal process
- Administrative tasks
- Support in drafting term sheets and legal documentation
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in a technical field such Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- One to Four years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of derivatives pricing and hedging.
- Microsoft word applications
- Proficient in programming languages such as VBA or Python
- Prior structuring or financial market knowledge is a plus.
- Drive for personal growth, high achievement, and accountability
- Ability to travel intermittently
- Ability to multi-task, is organized, and able to work under pressure to meet month-end deadlines
If you are motivated to join a leading global provider within the markets industry, please apply online now. For more information, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. We are a market leader in the environmental products space, having been awarded the 2020 Environmental Products Bank of the Year by Risk Magazine.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.