Join Macquarie’s Commodity Team as part of the Clean Fuels Business team. In this role, you will facilitate the origination, development and promotion of both physical & financial Clean Fuels opportunities, based on experience, client & counterparty knowledge, analysis and understanding of the dynamics of the market, applicable legislation and client demand.
Your focus will be originating and managing Macquarie’s role in supporting feedstock, processing/refining/tolling and end-use solutions in the Clean Fuels space. Whilst your prime focus will be Asia, you will also be actively coordinating with colleagues across the world operating in this space and the Global Oil business worldwide.
In this role, your primary function will be to identify & maintain a comprehensive mapping of current & future client demand for biofuels and to originate & commercialize client-driven solutions in products including but not limited to biodiesel, renewable diesel, 2nd generation biofuels and bio-CNG/LNG. In addition, you will actively seek and secure opportunities for feedstock supply & investment opportunities which will result in long term production or aggregation of appropriate feedstocks.
Working across the organization, you'll develop strong interpersonal relationships, integrating with Macquarie Bank Limited (financial derivatives coverage, lending facilities), Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (Physical Asset Investment), and Macquarie Capital (equity and debt financing), internal control groups (Legal, Risk Management Group (including Credit & Market Risk), Market Operations Division) to drive negotiate and close commercial transactions with external clients.
You will be part of a dedicated Clean Fuels team, but you will be expected to leverage off the wider capabilities in the bank to close deals and generate optimal PNL. You will meet regularly with your supervisor and your direct team and engage in ongoing communication with other internal trading and business development teams to determine short, medium and long term opportunities.
In this role you'll be relied on for your subject matter expertise, and will need to remain up to date on legal, compliance, subsidy and economic issues affecting the biofuels/clean fuels market in particular and the hydrocarbon and financial services industry more generally. You will be expected to have solid credentials relating to both originating and successfully closing transactions, ideally in the biofuels space but with broader origination history being relevant.
You will bring to this role:
- a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in clean fuels/biofuels and feedstocks in the fields of trading and/or origination
- a working relationship with the key players in the Clean Fuels industry including but not limited by consumers, traders and producers
- demonstrable experience in trading or delivering client solutions in physical and financial markets
- the capacity to lead negotiations for required services (including tolling transactions) with third party providers
- strong financial derivative understanding / expert
- strong analytical capabilities and communication skills
- have a global view of the international market and deep local knowledge within each of the targeted jurisdictions
- ability to model economics of projects. Working with a financial analysis team, as necessary
- strong knowledge of financial commodity markets and experience trading and origination in this market
- capability to develop new business opportunities as a self-starter
- strong knowledge of international biofuel product and feedstock flows and market dynamics
- knowledge of upstream activities and refinery processes
- multi-lingual language capability will be valued. Fluency in Chinese and English will be highly advantageous
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.