Macquarie Group is looking to appoint a Manager/Senior Manager in the Margining and Collateral Team of Corporate Operations Group, Operations Division located in Houston.
COG MOD provides essential and professional services across all areas of the Macquarie Group of Companies. The group sets and maintains high standards and is continually developing operating efficiencies and setting industry benchmarks in service delivery.
This role will allow you the opportunity to focus on a variety of aspects of Margining and Collateral Operations supporting our trading businesses. You may also gain exposure across other areas such as Futures Margining and Portfolio Reconciliations.
Liaising with closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders, you will be responsible for:
- managing part of team including people management and development
- effective operation of all the teams risk controls
- ensuring all margin calls are issued by required cut-offs on a daily basis
- responding to all margin calls received in group email box in an accurate and timely manner
- managing daily reconciliations and ensuring all breaks are cleared accordingly
- ensuring all payments have been processed on a daily basis
- ensuring all client reporting has been distributed as per the schedules
- reporting to credit on a daily basis any disputes and look for resolution with the business and client
- OTC investigations; including, actioning any expired documents, reviewing and actioning errors and warnings and updating any new agreements
- working with the various business areas on new initiatives and seeing through to a successful delivery
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels. You will have a background operations and a working knowledge of OTC derivatives and an understanding of the market would be an advantage.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- People Management
- Control and Process Management
- Strong attention to detail as well as an ability to view the bigger picture
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work and contribute as part of a team
- A track-record of generating new ideas and re-engineering processes to create more control or efficiency
- Ability to overcome obstacles and maintain a positive approach in difficult and challenging market conditions
- Good understanding of the banking operations and current regulatory environment,
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.