This is a unique opportunity to join the Macquarie Capital business as an enthusiastic and innovative analyst, looking to gain experience in data management, data quality, and data-related projects. You will need to be confident with data and possess an eye for detail as well as take an innovative and strategic approach to your work.
In this role you will be assisting with the implementation of Macquarie Capital’s data management strategy, including bringing data under governance, ensuring a robust control framework across our regulated data environment, and enabling greater use of data for decision making. You will also be analysing business data, diagnosing pain points, and creating solutions while working closely with Technology, Finance and Businesses stakeholders to understand issues, determine requirements, assisting with implementation and testing changes. Also, to focus on some continuous improvement, process improvement and requirements capturing for process automation
This is a unique opportunity to develop and build a network across multiple teams in Macquarie and will suit you if you are a self-starter who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects, with the ability to adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
The Macquarie Capital Data team ensures that the business is able to maintain data appropriately with regards to accuracy, completeness, quality and timeliness, as well as ensuring that data is compliant with global regulations and internal policies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of regulatory data feeds to the bank’s central data warehouse and investigation of data quality issues.
- Ensuring that data produced and provided is complete, accurate, valid, and relevant using system validation and exception / control reports and consistent with regulation and internal policies.
- You will also be responsible for driving improvements in data quality, including the use of data management tools, and supporting more consistent use of data assets across the group.
- Capturing metadata across Macquarie Capital’s critical data set and embedding best of breed data governance tools and the analysis of business processes including assessing data risks and controls in end-to-end data flow.
- Analysing data to identify issues, designing resolutions, and writing requirements, and co-ordinating implementation of system and process changes.
- Identifying patterns and recurrent issues and working the requirements gathering toward automation of this process.
- Working with technical and functional teams to ensure the continuous process improvements is in place.
It would be highly regarded if you:
- Hold tertiary qualifications with a high level of academic achievement; PC literacy, particularly in Excel will be assumed and possess a minimum of 1-2 years financial services or financial markets experience.
- Consider yourself highly numerate with an ability to interrogate, interpret and draw conclusions from multiple data sources, and have an aptitude for identifying issues and determining solutions
- Have a level of confidence to convey complex and technical requirements to both peer and senior colleagues and understand data management and exposure to some data mapping and data lineage tools.
- Exposure to database management, data warehousing, or data lake technology, business glossary and data dictionaries.
- Familiarity with contemporary data quality technology (e.g., Informatica IDQ, Trillium, Information Analyzer) and contemporary metadata management technology (e.g., Collibra, EDC, Axon, Alex)
- Experience with writing SQL queries and understanding basic database modelling.
- Ability to work independently and with others and maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
Please note this role is a 12-month fixed term contract.
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders, and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.