Join our Commodity Markets and Finance division within our Commodities group as a Credit & Reconciliation Analyst. Based in New York or Houston this role involves collateral and deal management of a diverse portfolio of energy, agricultural and metals loans and structured transactions.
The Portfolio Management Group (PMG) is charged with instilling confidence to all stakeholders in our ability to identify, analyze, and properly mitigate the risks facing the bank and our clients. The PMG seeks to owns the risk while working collaboratively with specialized teams.
In this role, you will develop your career by working independently and as part of the deal team alongside the Junior and Senior Portfolio Managers and interacting with originators, credit risk, legal and other members of the Macquarie group in the deal formation, structuring, and approval phase of lending and structured trade transactions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Investigate and verify borrowing base valuations and calculations by gathering independent 3rd Party information sources to support conclusions
- Track cash conversions of invoicing and confirm with outside statements
- Reconcile reported inventory against warehouse statements
- Author monthly reporting for dissemination of validation outcomes
- Maintain direct and continuous communication with Macquarie’s customers and other external parties.
- Build working knowledge of client operations though intense analysis of borrowing base certificates.
- Partner with relationship teams in development of validation process development for new credit transactions
- Maintain detailed tracking of required processing for assigned portfolio of clients
This role may provide for rapid career development. Over a period of 24-36 months you will be exposed to all aspects of Commodities Finance transactions and clients with the expectation of development and refinement of your credit skills. Formal and informal trainings will take place to deepen understanding of general concepts as well as specific functional tasks
As the candidate grows, they have a potential career path to Jr. Portfolio Manager. Responsibilities will develop to include obtaining and analyzing relevant financial information, managing loan administration aspects and providing regular portfolio reporting to senior management.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Major in finance, economics, accounting, or other quantitative disciplines.
- 0-4 years of Commercial or Corporate banking experience with understanding of banking, finance/accounting, and risk-related issues
- Hunger for knowledge and intellectual curiosity
- Drive for personal growth, high achievement, and accountability
- Impeccable character
- Strong attention to detail
- Financial audit experience, a plus;
- Data mining and analysis skill and experience, a plus;
- Effective writing and analytical skills;
- Ability to multi-task, is organized, and able to work under pressure to meet month-end deadlines
- Experience in the energy and/or commodities sector is a plus
If you are motivated to join a leading global provider within the markets industry, please apply online now. For more information, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities. We are a market leader in the environmental products space, having been awarded the 2020 Environmental Products Bank of the Year by Risk Magazine.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.