Join Operations and Control, as part of the Business Operational Risk Management (BORM) team, working to deliver an exciting and transformative program of work within the Commodities & Global Markets business.
As a Data Business Analyst you partner with business and technology teams to deliver solutions and strategic initiatives for the CGM business, using a big data platforms and tools.
With experience in a similar role, ideally within a front-office environment, you will have an agile mindset and track record of delivering similar “front-to-back projects.” You will thrive working in an environment with evolving priorities and requiring an innovative mindset.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to leverage your technical skill set to deliver risk based, efficient and tightly governed solutions. As such, you will possess experience using SQL and python to work with data and draw insights from large data sets.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- development of data quality monitoring using Python and a range of other tools
- creation and on-going maintenance of automations (Dataiku and Python)
- supporting the delivery of Operational Risk Management and Governance projects within CGM
- running and management of semi-automatic BAU reporting processes prior to achieving full-automation.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- a solid Business Analyst background gained preferably in a front or back-office environment
- relevant studies, a degree and/or Masters in a quantitative subject
- excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- strong analytical skills with the ability to define efficient solutions based on input from stakeholders and map technical needs to business outcomes
- proficiency in SQL to query and analyse data from various sources, knowledge in data modelling methodologies would be advantageous
- Experience in Data Engineering and/or ETL tools is useful
- ability to articulate and document at the right level of technical specifications/data requirements for consumption by both business stakeholders and the data engineering team
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.