Be at the heart of our business as we innovate and invest for a better future.
In Group Treasury, you will work in the financial centre of Macquarie, driving real change for our businesses. You will be part of a rapidly evolving function that is curious and not afraid to ask, ‘how can we do better?’ A team that is bold, always challenging the status quo, seeing solutions where others see obstacles. Join a team that is generous with its skills, knowledge, and expertise, so that we can achieve great things together.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and empower our staff to aim for excellence in everything we do. We believe that flexibility is a key driver to our people’s success and welcome the opportunity to discuss what flexibility means to you which can include part time.
Group Treasury Transformation
This is an opportunity to make an impact on a long-term, business-critical project, crucial to maintaining Macquarie’s strong, conservative balance sheet. Supported by new data architecture and technology, the program is tasked with transforming the end-to-end capital and liquidity process from the operating model and system-landscape to the relevant calculation and reporting frameworks.
Help transform our Group Treasury function and evolve the future of finance at Macquarie.
What impact will you have?
You will be directly exposed to Macquarie's senior management, in a non-hierarchical, merit-based environment, and will work closely with other areas of Group Treasury and the Financial Management Group. In this diverse role, you will also work with Macquarie’s various business units to understand the impact of on-going prudential regulatory change.
- Managing a variety of projects relating to regulatory capital change, including the analysis and interpretation of new regulations, and managing the production of APRA submissions
- Overseeing the strategy for responding to and implementing capital related regulatory change
- Providing expertise in relation to APRA standards and their interpretation to project teams and the capital reporting team
- Analysis and understanding of complex capital data, and producing actionable insights to support decision making at the senior management levels
- Leading and developing a team that would work with the businesses and the Risk Management Group (RMG) to ensure appropriate capital treatment and calculation of products and transactions
- Writing papers for ALCO and senior management
- Communicating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including the various Macquarie business areas, APRA and the ABA
What skills will you use?
- An intellectually curious mind and an ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- A strong understanding of APRA prudential standards and/or frameworks applicable to banks
- Experience managing high profile projects and high performing teams
- Commercial acumen and an ability to see the bigger picture
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, which allow you to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences.
- Tertiary qualifications in one or more of finance, economics, accounting, engineering or law or other similar fields.
Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills and an ability to engage with a broad cross-section of individuals
If you’re a driven individual looking for the next challenge, apply now or reach out to Jennifer Leese Jennifer.email@example.com to learn more.
About Group Treasury
Group Treasury is responsible for managing the Group's capital, funding and liquidity position. The team advises senior management on balance sheet capacity, cost, risk and return and supports the CFO on strategic issues. It is also responsible for supporting the Asset & Liability Committee (ALCO).
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.