Here at Macquarie, we are building the digital bank of the future and we are doing it with our customers by our side. We use technology as a catalyst to bring people together and help them realise their life milestones through our products. We are putting our customers first and changing how the world interacts with banks.
Join us on our mission to be Australia’s #1 Digital Bank!
As a Java Developer, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, testing, and maintaining the key APIs that power our online and mobile banking platforms. You and your team will coordinate with stakeholders to gather requirements and translate that information into technical specifications. You will ensure adherence to established technology standards by performing code and security reviews, automated unit and integration testing, and implementing devops best practices. You will be expected to continuously hone your skills and stay abreast of new technologies and practices.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Knowledge of Enterprise JAVA, JAVA 8+ is preferred but not required
- Understanding of RESTful API services, preferably with Spring Boot
- Basic SQL skills
- Understanding of unit and integration testing
- Ability to break down problems and solve them systematically
- Solid communication skills, able to articulate your thoughts to any audience
Although not required, knowledge of the following will be highly valued:
- Cloud technologies, preferably AWS or GCP
- Containerization technologies such as Docker
What’s in it for you:
- Learn from the best engineers in Australia and work on market leading products
- Be part of a team that deeply values diversity and creates space for you to be your best
- Use the latest cloud technologies to tackle interesting banking and finance problems
- Our work environment is modern and inclusive with a strong focus on employee experience
- Flexible work options
- Ongoing professional development and free technical certification
- Highly competitive remuneration and bonuses.
Our work environment is modern and inclusive with a strong focus on employee experience. With us, you’ll enjoy flexible working options as we encourage our staff to work where it works. Best of all, our learning and development programs will help keep your technical and professional skills sharp in the ever-changing world of technology.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply now!
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.