Join Us today!
Macquarie Group’s diverse range of services provides clients with asset management and finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity, and commodities.
The Operations Division provides essential and professional support across all areas of Macquarie Group Limited.
Operations is looking to appoint a Letter of Credit specialist based in Houston to join our Global Physical & Trade Finance team. In this role you will be a subject matter expert for Letters of Credit working directly with Internal and External clients across Macquarie Group Limited’s divisions.
As part of the Physical & Trade Finance team your responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for preparing, drafting, issuing, advising Standby and Documentary Letters of Credit to ensure that they are in strict compliance with Bank policies / procedures as well as ensuring compliance with all L/C Industry standards (UCP600 / ISP98) and regulatory requirements including all KYC review for Letter of Credit clients and beneficiaries.
• Review of draft Letters of Credit and provide commentary to internal/external clients regarding acceptable wording.
• Communicate with internal / external clients regarding Letters of Credit terms and conditions.
• Recording of liabilities for issued and received Letters of Credit.
• Applying the principles of the ICC UCP to prepare, review, and release Category 7 Swift messages exchanged between banks related to the Documentary Letters of Credit and Guarantee business.
• Prepare, review, examine Import and Export shipping documents in strict compliance with UCP and International Standard Banking Practice, plus related rules/regulations.
To be successful in this role:
• Two years of experience in Trade Finance, ideally within the banking sector.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of International Chamber of Commerce Rules and Regulations for Documentary Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit, Documentary Bills for Collection, Uniform Rules for Reimbursement, and International Standard Banking Practice.
• Experience in checking document presentations under Letters of Credit
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and accurate in a deadline-driven, multitask-oriented environment.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders, and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.