Join a high performing Data Team and collaborate on transformative projects in Group Treasury within the Financial Management Group. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to work on a significant program of work at Macquarie. We are recruiting for several roles at all levels – those with relevant experience and interests are encouraged to apply.
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Work closely with business and technical stakeholders to identify data needs and assist in the translation to functional requirements working with technical data analysts.
- Have a deep understanding of the project life cycle, it’s stages, governance and experience drafting project documentation in a Waterfall and Agile environment.
- Draft various levels of business documentation by breaking down and simplifying complex issues into a format that is easily understood by stakeholders.
- Analyse and document processes, systems, and data flows.
- Analyse data sources to map and source data inputs required to support various use cases.
- Work with technology teams to onboard new data.
- Liaise with data and technology teams to manage data sourcing, and co-ordinate testing and validation of data feeds.
- Collaborate with business users to specify business rules to manage data quality.
- Use enterprise data quality and governance frameworks to identify and resolve data quality issues.
In doing this, you will work collaboratively with relevant groups to deliver change initiatives, developing and implementing appropriate solutions. In addition, you will provide input for the delivery of a governance/documentation strategy for various types of change initiatives.
To be successful in the role you will bring with you prior experience in Business Analyst or Senior Business Analyst roles in the Banking and Financial Services Industry – translating business requirements into technical data requirements. You will also possess domain knowledge of financial markets products, including understanding of front to back system flows and product lifecycles. Exposure to enterprise data principles and big data platforms / tools such as SQL, Alteryx and Power BI is highly desirable.
You will also:
- Recognise the critical importance of data and have a passion for getting it right.
- Embrace change, able to flex and adapt to the changing needs of our dynamic business.
- Excellent analytical capacity supported by clear and concise communication skills.
- A focus on high quality and timely delivery, well-developed process skills and the ability to prioritise and manage parallel tasks and project deliverables.
- You will thrive working in an environment with evolving priorities and requiring an innovative mindset.
- Ability to assimilate information and a curiosity to ask appropriate questions to develop business and functional requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams.
If this role is ticking your boxes please apply via the link. If you’d like to discuss details of your application, please contact Verity Morison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Macquarie, we are working to a hybrid model. Successful candidates for this role will be working in the Sydney office and from home on a 50/50 basis.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.