Do you enjoy complex problem solving? Do you have an interest in understanding how a global financial group operates? Are you curious and like to be challenged while learning new skills?
Join a high-calibre, collaborative workplace within Macquarie’s Group Treasury where you will be involved in developing bespoke, innovative structures and solutions for the Group. This is a unique opportunity which will require you to think broadly, be forward-thinking and proactive, and consider how the domestic and international business environment, as well as regulatory, tax and world events will shape Macquarie's business activities.
Working directly with senior staff in a non-hierarchical, merit-based environment, you will be directly exposed to Macquarie's senior management. In this varied role, you will work closely with teams across Financial Management Group and Group Treasury, as well as with market facing business units, to design, diligence and execute transactions and internal structures. This includes, for example, refining Macquarie’s corporate capital and funding structure and legal entity structure, implementing intra-group arrangements and dealings, and evaluating various debt and equity funding opportunities for the Group.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Spotting strategic structuring opportunities and responding to current and emerging regulatory and legal change in order to provide headroom for growth and flexibility for Macquarie’s businesses
- Working with Macquarie’s businesses to structure transactions, including acquisitions and disposals of businesses, to manage the impact on our balance sheet and maximise returns
- Executing Macquarie’s external capital transactions, including hybrid capital instruments, share issuances and buy-backs
- Developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external advisors
Your technical skills and qualifications will include:
- A relevant academic background in a financial, quantitative or science degree, e.g., actuarial, law, commerce, economics, engineering, mathematics
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with the ability to analyse and critically assess financial information
- A strong work ethic with a proven ability to sustain performance in a fast-paced, output-focused and dynamic environment
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to explain complex concepts and engage with all levels of management, including non-technical stakeholders
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.