Are you an Operations expert looking to join an engaged, collaborative, global team?
We are looking for a Manager to join our Margining and Collateral Team, located in London.
This operations team provide essential and professional services across all areas of the group. The group sets and maintains high standards and is continually developing operating efficiencies and setting industry benchmarks in service delivery.
This role will allow you the opportunity to focus on a variety of aspects of Margining and Collateral Operations supporting our trading businesses. You may also gain exposure across other areas such as Futures Margining and Portfolio Reconciliations.
You will liaise closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders, and be responsible for:
- leading and mentoring a section of our regional team and collaborating with peers
- effective review and maintenance of risk controls
- ensuring margin calls are issued by required cut-offs daily
- responding to margin calls received in an accurate and timely manner
- managing daily reconciliations and ensuring all breaks are cleared accordingly
- ensuring all payments have been processed on a daily basis
- ensuring all client reporting has been distributed as per the schedules
- reporting to credit daily on any disputes and manage resolution with the business and client
- OTC investigations; including, actioning any expired documents, reviewing, and actioning errors and warnings and updating any new agreements
- working with the various business areas on new initiatives ensuring successful delivery
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels. You will have a background in operations and a working knowledge of OTC derivatives. You may not be working in a margining position now but have broader operational and leadership experience and looking for a new challenge.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong and inclusive leadership
- Control and process management
- Strong attention to detail as well as an ability to view the bigger picture
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work and contribute as part of a team
- A track-record of generating new ideas and re-engineering processes to create more control or efficiency
- Good understanding of the banking operations and current regulatory environment
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.