In this role, you will lead end to end Cyber Incident coordination and logistics as well as handling cyber event preparations across our Cyber Incident Response team. You will be the outward voice of the program and work alongside cyber response as they handle firefights for the company.
You will work alongside a diverse, global team responsible for identifying, triaging, and managing threats and risks in the cyber environment. You will act to ensure that Macquarie’s digital estate is protected from threats known and unknown.
As a well-rounded technologist you will partner with the operations, defense, research, and hunting functions of the Cyber Threat team to provide world-class incident response to active threats in Macquarie’s digital environment. Coordinating with operations and business teams around the globe, you will provide direction, intelligence, and support during active security events. Communications in the form of real-time situational updates, threat advisories, leadership summaries, and more are a vital part of the team’s interaction with our partners and your combination of verbal and written communication skills will keep everyone engaged and focused.
Outside of cyber security incidents, you will partner with business, risk, and security teams around the company to help them understand and prepare for cyber-related events, in an effort to more efficiently hinder threats before they happen, and more effectively coordinate with them during an actual incident.
This key role demands a highly motivated individual with a strong background in technical project management or incident response, combined with a working knowledge of network and systems operations. Knowledge of cyber security platforms and operational theory is strongly preferred. You must be detail-oriented with a drive to constantly improve and evolve your environment and possess excellent communication skills to engage with all levels of our stakeholders. You must be able to maintain calm and continue to deliver in high-pressure situations – the cyber security environment is constantly changing so being able to quickly and willingly adapt is crucial.
What you will do:
- Act as single point of contact for the Cyber Threat & Incident Response (CTIR) function
- Provide leadership, focus, expertise, and accountability for cyber threat & incident response activities
- Continuously identify, assess and manage threats relative to the corporate risk appetite
- Leverage expertise and manage participation from the broader CTIR function on security incidents
- Facilitate closer alignment with stakeholders through the development of engagement models and facilitation of cyber simulation exercises
- Develop and promote standardization in the process and technology framework to maximize service efficiency
- Work closely with the Operations & Defense (O&D) and Research & Hunting (R&H) functions on the triage and management of cyber-related incidents
- Interface with operational incident management teams and act as advisor for cyber related incidents
- Provide timely incident updates and ensure that all engagement and communication protocols are followed
- Work closely with other members of the team to provide service continuity and reliability, globally
- Continuously create and refine engagement models to maximize service efficiency
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the business, business resilience, technology, and risk management domains
- Drive engagement and facilitation efforts across internal security teams, the business and within the industry for table-top and simulation exercises
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field of study
- Ability to work as part of a global team across multiple countries, cultures and time-zones
- Adaptable character, capable of dealing effectively with colleagues and business users working in a constantly evolving, complex environment
- Seasoned critical thinking, organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to engage effectively at all levels of an organization
- Ability to remain focused and calm, while maximizing output in high-stress situations
- Minimum of 5 years of related operational experience in large enterprise environments
- Operational experience across Windows, UNIX, Networking and Hosting domains
- Experience and strong understanding of security technology and defense topologies
- Holistic understanding of adversary tactics, attack vectors, current threats and remediation strategies
Possession of ITIL Practitioner and Security certifications are preferred
To join a high performing Cyber team, apply online now or for more information visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.