Macquarie’s Financial Management Group is recruiting Data Discovery Analysts to help transform our data capabilities across the Financial Management Group and Macquarie Group. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing data centre of excellence with a strong mandate to drive data-related change to enhance data capabilities, source high quality data across the organisation, and optimise reporting, modelling and analytics capabilities.
We work closely with Finance, Tax, Treasury and Risk functions to help define data requirements, source data from across Macquarie, establish data management standards, and partner with technology teams to implement solutions for a range of use cases.
Our work touches all of Macquarie’s business and support groups and your stakeholders include senior leaders and product owners in business and technology roles.
You will partner with Group Treasury (Liquidity Team) to deliver great data outcomes. As part of the project, you will work closely with members of group treasury, business teams and data teams to understand requirements of new data and remediation of data quality for existing data for liquidity reporting.
Within the team, you will apply a range of techniques to capture business data requirements and use your excellent analysis skills to comprehend data flows, understand data entity relationships and explain how data fits into system and business context to drive business outcomes.
Your effective communication ability and pro-activeness to deliver excellent data outcomes will ensure your success in this role. Success also includes using our market-leading tools to make existing data assets more discoverable across FMG, improving our ability to plan and manage the delivery of data change.
Supported by an established team of data business analysts the Data Discovery team BAs have detailed knowledge of our businesses and data assets and are well supported by aligned functions including Operations & Data Quality, Data Modelling, Business Intelligence, Data Architecture and Projects and Change – all aligned with our Data strategy. In this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with our data engineers, developers and solution designers.
Key responsibilities include:
- partner with business and technology teams to analyse, define and deliver data solutions for Treasury.
- work with Finance and business stakeholders to define and capture data requirements for project initiatives, including new regulatory reporting requirements, analysis and process improvement
- engage and collaborate with business units (data producers), reporting teams (data consumers), technology and other internal stakeholders to assess impact and propose data sourcing solutions
- liaise with senior management for approval on data sourcing solutions
- identify opportunities for automation and continuous improvement
- adhere to Data under Governance and Controls by working with stakeholders to define data definitions, business rules and data quality rules, critical data element identification, data lineage and risk and control assessment for regulatory system platforms and processes
- impact assessments for new products and BAU changes, liaising with Data, Technology and Platform teams
- championing the use of enterprise data management and governance frameworks as part of Data Discovery
- as a senior member of the team, helping to mentor and build Data Discovery capabilities within the team.
You will need to bring the following experience and skills:
- 7 or more years hands on experience in business analysis, requirements gathering and data analysis
- thorough appreciation of how data flows through systems, relationships between data, and data granularity
- ability to break down functional requirements into data requirements
- strong analytical (critical thinking), problem solving, written and communication skills
- strong stakeholder management skills
- attention to detail and the ability to prioritise responsibilities in a changing environment
- proven ability to take on ownership and demonstrate accountability for results, balanced by sound professional judgement
- ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- strong skills in data requirement delivery process in a business context (financial services experience is a bonus, however not a must for this role) in terms data definition, data lineage and analysis of data quality measurement aspects
- strong knowledge of SQL, data warehousing principles and analysis methods
- understanding of data architecture and data modelling principles
- relentless focus on collaborative, continuous improvement as high demands and challenges face you and the team, and be able to make and/or guide decisions when the path forward is not clear
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.