Join our Portfolio Performance Group (PPG) as a commercially minded and dynamic cybersecurity and IT professional within Macquarie Asset Management (MAM).
The PPG is a team of functional specialists who provide technical across sustainability, health & safety, cybersecurity, human capital and sustainability to help drive superior performance across our growing portfolio of Asia Pacific assets.
As the significance of cyber security risk management and use of technology to deliver strategic outcomes become more prevalent, an opportunity exists for MAM to assess cyber security maturity of assets more consistently and effectively, both pre- and post-acquisition, and support development and implementation of IT strategies and roadmaps.
As a Division Director, you will provide advice and guidance to Asia Pacific MAM asset teams and executives on cyber security posture and the direction and operation of asset IT functions. The Division Director will actively engage asset teams and executives to support acquisition and operational activities, focussing on those assets undertaking significant change and/or posing the greatest risk to the portfolio.
In the context of cyber security, the Division Director will be responsible for:
- Developing and embedding a cyber security assessment framework to assess cyber security maturity and risk, based on the nature and risk profile of each asset. This framework will support diligence prior to acquisition and ongoing maturity assessments to provide MAM with a consistent view of cyber risk across MAM’s Asia Pacific portfolio
- Enabling capabilities that address common cyber deficiencies to allow asset executives to effectively increase maturity
- Collaborating with assets who have implemented policies, procedures and/or services that have effectively controlled cyber risk to facilitate sharing of experience and associated artefacts to expedite cyber maturity across the portfolio
- Identifying and engaging with suitably skilled vendors to establish partnerships that can deliver cyber services across the portfolio
- Working with cyber partners to understand and disseminate industry trend information along with any recommended actions for asset executives
- Translating specialist cybersecurity advice into actionable steps for each portfolio company and support the management teams in the delivery of these initiatives
- Leading and support initiatives such as training programs, work streams and system developments supporting cybersecurity initiatives that meet MAM’s goals
- Working with colleagues globally to share and apply best practices and maintain consistent practices globally.
- Staying on top of key regulatory developments within the region to ensure you are keeping pace with requirements and cybersecurity best practice.
- Engaging with management teams and undertaking site visits for reviews and incident management
In the context of IT, the Division Director will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a framework for IT diligence and transition that provides clear guidance to asset teams and external advisors on:
- Key IT risk areas to be assessed regarding acquisition, transition and ongoing IT operations, including guidance on preferred methods of risk control
- Cost factors to be taken into consideration, including reference information on actual costs incurred by other assets in the portfolio
- Factors to be taken into consideration in transition planning and development of initial IT roadmaps including reference information on how these factors have been successfully addressed by other assets in the portfolio; and
- Expected diligence and transition planning outputs.
- Providing guidance and advice to portfolio company executive teams on the development and implementation of IT strategies and roadmaps, leveraging lessons learned throughout the portfolio. Where required, facilitate engagement with relevant vendors partners to enable efficient roadmap development and execution.
With a tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as computer engineering, information technology, computer science or cybersecurity-related discipline, you will have a minimum of 12 years of work experience in information assurance, or systems and network cybersecurity. Strong leadership, strategic and critical thinking skills with record of project execution and delivery will be required. Proven experience succeeding in a complex stakeholder environment, with strong relationship building and influencing skills and the ability to drive change would be highly desirable. Outstanding interpersonal skills with the proven ability to influence and achieve alignment across a range of different opinions and interests would be strongly preferred including the ability to engage with stakeholders of varying levels of technical knowledge, along with vendors that cover the breadth of IT products and services. You must be able to demonstrate strategic thinking whilst also being able to dive into the detail.
You will have strong strategy development skills and experience to develop and execute IT strategies and roadmaps in addition to interpreting the needs of MAM and individual assets to support executive teams in consolidating those into succinct strategies.
Fluency in spoken and written English is essential. Fluency in another Asian language would be an advanced but is not compulsory. The highest levels of integrity and accountability are essential.
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, renewables, natural assets, real estate, and transportation finance.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.