You will be an integral part of the RMG BORM assurance team, responsible for the delivery of the assurance program. This includes gaining a thorough understanding of the operational risks inherent in the risk management framework, support the assurance lead in developing a comprehensive assurance programme to review the effectiveness of the controls as well as working with Management to identify opportunities for improvement.
The role is both exciting and intellectually challenging, requiring your deep understanding of operational risk, and the ability to exercise exceptional judgement to effectively manage risk. It offers you a unique opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the various risk disciplines and the controls to mitigate these. You will work with Management across RMG’s global and diverse activities which cross every Macquarie Group function.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with Management, process owners and the RMG Business Operational Risk Manager team to perform operational risk assessments and design a risk-based assurance program
- Conduct assessments of the quality and effectiveness of the internal control framework, risk management and governance systems to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure timely delivery against the assurance testing program and perform ad-hoc targeted reviews as required by Management.
- Record assurance outcomes in the GRC system
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports on assurance updates
- Ensure that identified improvements are implemented in a timely manner.
Drawing on your expertise you will provide advice to the business on the best practice for design, measurement, analysis, evaluation, and reporting of operational risk. You will also understand the complexities and interdependencies between complimentary risk functions and actively seeking to apply a group wide lens across assurance.
To be successful and thrive in this role we anticipate that you bring:
- 7+ years post qualification experience in Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit in a financial institution or financial services firm. A strong operational risk or assurance background with prior exposure to risk disciplines (e.g., credit, market, or compliance risks) is highly regarded.
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to initiate and lead conversations with Global stakeholders at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills to build relationships with Senior Management within RMG and stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to grasp abstract concepts and complex technology situations to challenge the status quo and further develop and build on our Operational Risk Management Framework.
- It will be an added advantage if you have a tertiary degree in Risk Management or a related area as well as professional qualifications (CIA, CA) or a relevant postgraduate degree.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you, please apply via the link below.
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.