Join Macquarie’s Commodity Operations group as an Operations Executive – Regulatory Operations. In this role, you will provide essential business aligned support services to our Commodities and Global Markets group.
Sitting within the Corporate Operations Group, the Operations Division is responsible for the operational infrastructure required to support a variety of Energy and Agricultural Derivative Products in support of our Commodity Markets and Finance division. The division works in a time sensitive environment in which accuracy of processing, timely escalation and communication within the division, the businesses, the Risk Management Group, correspondent banks and custodians is essential to ensuring a smooth settlement process.
In Operations, we are proud of our high-performance culture, empowering innovation while maintaining a strong partnership to the businesses we support.
Your ability to work collaboratively will be demonstrated as you engage with Trading, Scheduling, Legal, Compliance, Finance/Tax, Technology, Risk Management, among many other stakeholder groups supporting our Global Commodities businesses.
Your drive for continuous improvement will be utilized as you create sustainable and innovative solutions to address business issues/needs.
Additional key deliverables in support of the Commodity Markets and Finance division include:
- Complete, Accurate and Timely submission of Regulatory reporting.
- Work collaboratively with Compliance to determine adequacy of reporting based on Regulators’ requirements.
- Assess the impact of identified changes in the commodities businesses and/or Regulatory requirements and initiate updates regulatory reporting as required.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Financial and/or Energy sector, preferably in a Regulatory Operations or Compliance role
- General working knowledge of regulatory reporting obligations in the North American Energy Markets
- Working experience reporting to various state and federal Regulatory agencies including, but not limited to, FERC, EIA, ISOs, California ARB, EPA, NEB, Canadian provinces, FINRA and SEC.
- Naturally collaborative with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high level of motivation and enthusiasm.
- A strategic mindset with the ability to simplify complex situations through human centered design
If you have a minimum of two years relevant back-office trade support/settlement experience working in the Commodities markets, we would love to hear from you. Experience working with basic programming, data or workflow tools (e.g. Python, R, Alteryx, PowerBI) is a plus.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.