Join Macquarie Asset Management in our Philadelphia office as a Financial Analyst supporting the our Public Investment Division’s Business Finance team. This is a fast-paced, demanding role which will offer senior-level management exposure across a wide variety of business activities. For success in the role, you will have a positive, confident and proactive approach, as well as exceptional time management skills. You will have a proven ability and willingness to manage high priority, concurrent tasks. You will have responsibility for detailed competitive intelligence analysis and financial modeling (both strategic decisions and earnings analysis), as well as support other activities with a broad remit on strategic projects. You will report directly to the Head of Global Strategic Financial Management & Analysis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Expert financial modeling and analysis to support and strengthen ongoing profitability reporting and strategic business initiatives
- Development of financial performance metrics and reporting as well as other business intelligence / MIS analysis to identify potential strategic opportunities and improvements.
- Develop reports to track performance of competitors’ earnings and assets as well as key industry news, trends, products, and M&A activity.
- Competitor / industry intelligence to support financial benchmarking analysis and evaluation of M&A prospects and new product opportunities. Focus is on competitors’ earnings, asset flows, and other key performance metrics.
Your background will include:
- 5+ years experience in financial services, and/or FP&A/BI/MIS
- Finance background with advanced degree or certification preferred (e.g., CPA, CFA, MBA)
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills (financial modeling, business analytics, strategic analysis)
- Excellent writing and presentation development skills
- Flexible, innovative, results-oriented creative thinker
- Strong sense of ownership for delivering excellent results
- Strong MS Office skills
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate deadlines
- Effectively interact and communicate with various levels of employees
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, renewables, natural assets, real estate, and transportation finance.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.