The Business Resilience team is responsible for the implementation of the group business resilience framework to ensure Macquarie can anticipate, withstand, respond and recover from business disruptions.
The team ensures the organisation is resilient through crisis leadership, effective planning, testing and exercising, and partnering with the business and suppliers to sustain operations during times of disruption. The team’s responsibilities include:
- Responsible for facilitating achievement of business resilience objectives within businesses and support areas
- Incident and crisis management response and escalation
- Ownership of the Business Resilience Framework and Standard
- Responsible for reporting to the Board Risk Committee on the operation of the framework
- Resilience tools ownership, reporting and documentation
- Monitor and report on compliance to the Business Resilience Standard
- Responding to regulatory, audit and compliance enquiries.
We have an exciting opportunity for a risk and/or compliance manager to join our dynamic Business Services Division team on a full-time basis in a newly created position overseeing the global resilience framework and alignment to regulatory and market participant requirements.
You will utilise your risk background and stakeholder management expertise to monitor and assess the changes to operational resilience requirements. You will assess the impact of changes and set the strategy to align, communicate and measure our compliance. This includes alignment with other related frameworks and implications for effective reporting of changes, and where relevant, deliver these requirements throughout the organisation.
This role will work with the Global Head of Resilience based in Sydney, and as part of the global team, to execute on the following key responsibilities:
- Evaluate our business and operational resilience capabilities, risk profile, and alignment to industry frameworks and standards
- Ensure compliance with resilience regulations within each of the markets we operate, work with teams to ensure compliance and measure on-going compliance
- Collaborate with risk management teams, to ensure effective monitoring of resilience controls within the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) to draw out data insights and identify areas for improvement
- Co-ordinate Management Information (MI) reporting to senior stakeholders and governance of forums including Operational Committees, Steering Committees, Entity Boards, and the Group Board Risk Committee
- Partner with Macquarie’s Operating and Support groups, solution architects, project and technology teams, and the global business resilience team leaders, to design changes to the resilience framework and (project manage) their implementation including training and education to embed changes
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.