We are looking for an experienced risk management or information governance professional who wants to focus their skills to identify risk within information governance practices. This includes data governance, regulatory reporting governance and records management.
As a Manager in the Enterprise Information Management audit team, you will be conducting high impact audits that covers complex information governance practices implemented in Macquarie. Through this, you will help provide assurance over the Macquarie’s Enterprise Information Management frameworks as it continues to evolve and mature not only to meet regulatory expectations, but to help our diverse businesses manage their information risk.
The role provides regular exposure to senior stakeholders across Macquarie Group globally, where you can impart important insights that drive positive change.
If you are a risk professional who is passionate about data and information governance, we would love to hear from you.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver quality data governance and enterprise-wide information management audits.
- Coach junior team members in the delivery of the information and data governance audits.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support internal audit teams on audits with significant information and data governance risk.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the information governance audit strategy.
- Assist with innovating the information governance audit process.
- Establish effective and professional relationships with stakeholders at a senior level.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively with global audit teams and business stakeholders across diverse portfolios spanning banking, global markets, commodities, capital, asset management, operations, technology etc.
- Be part of the new and growing specialist team within internal audit that has acquired significant recognition from senior stakeholders.
- Innovate information and data governance audit approaches with access to a world-class internal audit analytics team and machine learning software.
You will bring with you:
- A background in risk management or information governance within banking or Big 4 consulting firms (5 years minimum).
- Interpersonal skills that excel with building rapport with a wide range of stakeholders from across the organisation
- The ability to communicate complex concepts in simple manner.
- Experience coaching and developing team members.
- Capable of working as part of a wider team as well as an individual.
- A prior education in Audit, Commerce, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Maths or another relevant quantitative discipline.
- Experience with data management and/or analytics.
- Experience with scripting languages such as SQL (advantageous).
- Data Capability Assessment Model (DCAM) Certification (advantageous) and willingness to undergo future studies for skills development.
Whilst the role is based in Sydney, you would be joining a global Internal Audit team. Travel may be required as our business units are also represented across the globe.
If you possess relevant experience with strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high quality outcomes, please apply now.
This is a Sydney based role, relocation and visa assistance available for the right candidate.
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.