Join us as an Impact Investing team member and be part of an exciting new project within the Macquarie Group Foundation and help expand and establish our new initiative. The role will offer exposure to global stakeholders and projects.
Macquarie Group Foundation has recently commenced social impact investing, building on our long-term investments into the communities where we live and work. Our focus areas include education and employment projects to enable social and economic mobility.
In this exciting new opportunity, your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing and developing a strong pipeline of investment opportunities and deal sourcing
- Identifying prospective investment opportunities through networking, participation in events, market landscaping, etc, in conjunction with SIIAC and other Macquarie staff members
- Initial screening for commercial and social impact, performing market and competitive analysis
- Developing diligence plans to answer key questions and refine assumptions, including interacting with Macquarie teams to develop understanding of business risks and opportunities
- Building/modifying financial models and conducting returns analysis
- Investment structuring, negotiation, documentation, and execution
- Preparing investment memos and supporting the deal through SIIAC
- Supporting term sheet discussions and negotiations
- Reviewing legal documents from current and prior financings to confirm terms and understand governance dynamics
- Providing operational support throughout closing process
- Ongoing portfolio management
- Preparing for meetings and as needed for SIIAC / Entity meetings
- Monitoring portfolio companies’ key performance indicators and milestones to evaluate progress, assess follow-on investments and identify changes in business or market fundamentals
- Engage with portfolio companies for baseline, and ongoing yearly, social impact data collection
- Knowledge and relationship management
- Maintaining organised records and documents
- Proactively developing knowledge resources and thought leadership for internal stakeholders
You have around 5 years of relevant experience across management consulting, financial services, technology or investment banking and can demonstrate experience with impact investing, start-up community, and / or knowledge of Macquarie and internal approval processes. You have had exposure to reading, analysing and drafting investment and risk documentation. Your stakeholder management and relationship building skills are second to none and you are willing to dive into the details of a deal, a company or a topic and share learnings. You come from numerical or financial background and are willing to develop market-based solutions for further impact.
If you are a team player with high level of initiative, then this is the role for you. Please apply now!
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.